huntinfanatic

went out there to do a little scouting for the muzzleloader but ended up getting stuck in the mud for two days, so didn't get much scouting in. i was wondering if some one could give me some general areas to check out? no need to tell ur honeyholes just a general area THANKS

I've hunted 42 3 times and we always had pretty good luck going up mud hill toward the battlement. There are some good drainages to the north of mud hill that are pretty secluded. Those 3 years were spaced apart and I watched a great unit turn into a unit over run with atv's. Not trying to discourage you but just want to warn you that the more the lazy guys make there own trails to the spots they are too lazy to walk to you just have to hunt that much harder. Hope this gives you at least a starting point and good luck on your hunt.

I have hunted and taken a 5x5 elk in unit 41 east of whitewater in the breaks below the Mesa, and also missed an opportunity on the biggest buck I have ever seen up close. I hear that the rugged drainages as far away from the roads as possible are the best bet. Good luck!

I don't know for sure, somewhere in the 190" range? I left camp and was hiking to an area that I was going to hunt that morning and I was a little too noisy and he spooked, and all I saw was a butt and a huge rack bouncing from an aspen grove into the oakbrush. I looked for him for the next few days and never saw him again. He was big, but not huge by Colorado standards. I am from AZ.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom