44 Early Rifle

born_2_hunt

Drew the 44 early rifle tag. Did some scouting last weekend and found some bucks but also lots of yuppies. Just curious if anyone has had this tag and what their experience was. Do the yuppies thin out come September? Seems like every drainage has a trail in it. Any advice from someone thats had the tag would be great.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

I've never been up to the Holy Cross Wilderness before, just seen it from a distance. The Game Warden warned me if I do draw that tag, make sure I am IN the wilderness area when I shoot my deer. I guess they have had some people thinking that it not just confined to the wilderness area in those units.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

I've hunted 45 with a muzz and 47, 471 HCB and in those hunts the areas were filthy with hikers and yes there is a trail in every valley. Hikers can sometimes be your best friend. 95% of them don't care that your hunting and most will think its cool that their meeting a hunter. Lot of hikers have put me onto game over the years. Nice tag to have, best of luck.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom