44 Scouting Trip

Looks like there are 5 hotels in Eagle. You should be able to get a ski apartment on airb&b or vrbo pretty easily this time of year, especially up towards Avon, have done that before. It is nice to be able to park your truck in a heated garage and take an elevator to your apartment looking at the ski slopes!

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at those and thought there may be something a little closer and less expensive to where I needed to be. Haven?t been in the area so thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Thanks,
Simo

Might look at the Sylvan Lake State Park as they have cabin rentals. No showers for that late in the season and they're not cheap but it depends on how many will be with you to split costs and what comforts you want/need. I might be staying in one the last weekend of the 3rd rifle season.

I stayed a night using Airbnb in Gypsum last weekend and it was a perfect option. It was only $50/night and it was just what we needed. Her name was Kayla and you can find her place by searching on Airbnb. Shoot me a pm and I'll see if I still have the link.
Hoops

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

Thanks to all for the pre trip pointers.
We ended up staying in town at Wyndam Suites. This worked out great since they have a full fridge, coffee pot, and 2 burner stove in the room. We were able to scout from Monday pm - Friday am. We met a few tag holders and learned the area the best we could in the time we were there. Didn?t see any absolute giants but did see some good ones. It was great to look around without any pressure but hope to be back with a tag in the near future.
Simo

Thanks for all the help pre trip.Had a good time. Ended up staying at the Wyndham Suites in Eagle. Fridge,stove, and coffee pot. Comes with dishes and dish washer. Pretty nice set up. Was able to scout from Monday pm - Friday am. Met some nice people and a few of the tag holders. Didn?t see any absolute giants but did see some nice deer. The numbers seemed a little lower than expected but I'm not deterred. It was nice to look around with out the pressure but hope to return with a tag in my pocket.
Simo

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom