440+ Gila bull

M

mesquitehunter

I got an email of a archery Bull that was killed in the Gila that scored 443. I'm wondering if you New Mexico boys have heard the same. If so whats the story?

Post up the picture you got it might be another bull from another state.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Nothing would make me happier then to prove I am wrong. I doubt a 440 came off public land in the gila. Its still a great area but nothing like it was 15 plus years ago. Hopefully a couple 400 class bulls will surface this year. They have cut back on tags and now they pushed the first rifle out of the rut. I will say, the gila should be improving.

I recieved a picture message with the bull that was takin and it is HUGE! not sure who killed it, but i don't have permission to post a pic.

I don't have permission either. My email was labeled "443" Gila Bull" and the guy who sent it to me is a credible person. I was ask not to post the pic on any forums. The pic I have is a 9x9 with extremely long tines and very heavy. I have no other info and neither does the guy who sent it to me. Maybe it's a hoax I DK. But I'm sure the pics and story will surface somewhere here in the near future. We'll find out soon enough.

Well, I hope it's true. Would be nice to see something that huge come out of New Mexico this year. I've seen two nice bulls killed so far but know nothing about anything of that size. There are pics of a 445 NT Arizona bull that I believe was recently killed by Mullins Outfitters(?) that are floating around. I hope this is a different animal and is truly a NM monster as it would be a sign of good things coming back in the Gila.

That would be great if a 440 came out of the Gila. It means there is still hope that the quality may return. Don't get me wrong there are some great bulls in the Gila but over the past few years things have "slowed" down somewhat. Would love to see a pic but totally understand in todays world why a guy wouldn't want such a thing floating around till story is validated and score is confirmed. Congrads to the guy that killed it of the story is true. Good luck to all you guys that are chasing bugles.....

I talked with madglasser tonight on the phone and he said the bull came from 16D.

I got an e-mail 2 weeks ago saying he was killed on the Red Canyon Game Ranch east of Moriarty.

That makes more sense. Most are in denial about the gila. I have a hard time believing a 440 came out of the gila, at least in the last 15 years. Its totally different there now. A few 350-370 class bulls and lots of 300-320 class in there, but not much more. Again, I hope I am wrong and this is not a game ranch animal.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom