45 Antelope

kzkammo

I wasn't expecting to draw this but it was close to home so I put in anyways. Really pumped and cant wait to get out and start scouting. What's the quality like on the unit? Anyone else have any experience on that hunt.

Thanks

Took son into that unit once a few years ago. Found a nice one and watched him for a few weeks. We were on him right away on opening morning and started our stalk. Someone else saw us, then him, and then proceeded to drive past us simply to push the buck away. They did this 3x. Eventually we completely lost him and they then killed him.

So, if you find a good one, and you might, don't expect him to be a secret. We hunted quite close to town.

Lots of antelope, last year there were 2 decent ones close to town and everyone seemed to know about them. They were in that 14" range I'd guess, maybe a hair longer. They wouldn't have scored well regarding mass and cutters. I also saw one on the far side close to unit 52 that was a really nice buck for Idaho, in that 75 range for score. I'm not sure if your rifle tag includes that unit or not. But you will have competition as mentioned.

Despite the draw odds, it's definitely no WY hunt, but you will have fun for sure.

Its just unit 45 but it should be fun whether I shoot a good sized goat or not. First antelope rifle hunt.
Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom