45 idaho

D

dittmer22

any success in the 45 muzzleloader hunt this year? Sounds like a sweet hunt.

Unit 45 has had so much press in recent years, it's quite sad. The limited controlled hunt is next to impossible to draw, and the regular controlled is completely over run with hunters. Not to mention the regular controlled hunt is only worth hunting when the weather comes early in October. This year it was very dry.
So, when you add it all up, I bet results were quite weak. I'm curious to hear what others have to say.

I know of one 31"er taken this fall on the limited muzz hunt. Havent seen it yet, but sounds like a dandy.

Nice country, but the unlimited muzzleloader hunt was most definately a migrational hunt. I shouldn't have wasted my time going out there for the opening weekend. It was very crowded the last weekend out there. I did take a little buck for the freezer but I'd say that the odds of finding a big one in the unlimited hunt unless you have access to a large tract of private land are pretty slim. Almost all does & yearling bucks were coming into the unlimited zone...if that hunt only went a week or two longer, might be a different story.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom