4th season hunt in unit 40 time has arrived

seeleymt

Leaving Sunday morning for Colorado for a 4th season hunt in unit 40. So far they are 4 for 4 on bulls after 2nd and 3rd seasons 100 percent hope to keep the streak alive will be two of us on this hunt. Only have 5 days to get it done lots of busted bulls guess time will tell. After this hunt is over of to Montana to hunt whitetails on the last week of the season there then back to Michigan end of hunting season for year. So far hunting season this year has been good went to Alberta with my buddy we both got bull moose, next Colorado, then Montana in the next 3 weeks.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-19 AT 08:29PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-19 AT 08:28?PM (MST)

Must be Biiggerstaff?

I just got back from Unit 40. I wasn't elk hunting but I saw a lot of elk. They haven't had any weather yet so most of the elk were still up high 8,000 to 9,000 ft. Saw about a 100 one morning.but also saw a herd down near the road but most were up high.

Where I was they really don't think that third and fourth are trophy hunts. Many are broke up and a lot of the big ones have been killed.

A 300 bull should be a reasonable expectation but they had killed a 360 during archery season.

Good luck on your elk hunt. I have spent a lot of time in 40 and my brother could draw that same tag next year. I am going with a buddy on the Dolores triangle elk on the starts in December on the Utah side. Would you be willing to share any information on bulls on the Utah side that you come across?

Just finished my hunt on eve of 3 day killed about a 310-320 bull saw about 12 bulls total no cows full moon made it tuff eves were better last day it was 66 degrees crazy weather well my points are gone out of the game and going home with a nice elk outfitter was 100 percent

Congratulations
I think most of the 4th season hunts in Colorado this year were not what we expected them to be the weather definitely was not on our side

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom