4th season Units 11/12 Cow Elk advice

muleyjunkie

My father in law and his nephew bought leftover tags for the 4th season 11/12 cow hunt. I will be in a separate unit during that season, so probably won't be able to help him. They have never been to that unit, so wanted to see if I could get a general idea where to have them start looking. I'm thinking lower elevation areas that late? Any help is appreciated.

As with all elk hunting, it depends on the weather. If a good snow year then yes the lower elevations is where you should focus your attention. If not seeing anything, start moving higher. Be ready with 4-wheel drive and chains if you plan to go in deep.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom