4th season

Deercy

My boy made a great shot. I love those no track shots.

20221123_161949.jpg

Good on your boy!
It looks like he got a nice start to possibly many more hunting adventures! I love seeing youngsters have success!

It would be more fun if I could tell it using locations. It would make more sense. I think I about killed Park there at the last. We went into a pocket in the morning about a mile hike. My thinking was deer would be pushed there. I knew other people would be there but it seemed like the best option. This area has a bunch of tags given out. We saw more deer than I thought we would but nothing big. A forky was working the ladies pretty hard, several other little bucks around. We had seen a extraordinary nice buck two days before that had us pretty excited. Shots all around us. We named the forky Timmy and were enjoying watching him have so much fun. Then some guy came into the bowl and Little Timmy was evidently just what he was looking for. We headed over the ridge looking for new adventures. Watched a guy shoot seven times at a deer. Ran into a cool older man with a all-weather M-77. We found another group of 9 does with another forky. Then we saw a back forked 3 point. Park really wanted it. Really. He talked himself out of it and we kept on. We didn't see anything else so 6 miles into our day we were back at the truck, feeling pretty good. There is an area I call the bowl that the boys have heard me talk about. It's brutal. There is consistently deer in it and seldom hunters. Park wanted to try it. I advised we leave it until Tuesday morning and take Cade in with us to help with potential packing. We instead went to a place that burned years ago and is growing back extremely slow. I've glassed a ridge that didn't burn and always thought it would be a potential spot. It's a pretty rugged climb but not as bad as the bowl. We glassed it and didn't see any deer on the south side so we hiked all the way around and glassed the north side. I spotted a baby doe and then this buck. Park shot it so fast I didn't even have my binoculars on it. I spotted it, told him it's good, helped him find it and boom. 330 yards. Right in the lungs. Deer ran everywhere when he shot. This deer was beat up. Deep puncture wounds everywhere. Backstraps were seriously bruised. No fat at all. Still chasing the ladies. Inspiration for sure. The pack out was the amazing part. I told him a dark hike with lots of weight is the ultimate goal. It's hard to keep the stories short.

IMG-20221123-WA0076.jpeg

Awesome. It's nice to have success, but even better with memories like that made along the way. Great buck. Congrats.

I’m said ‘cool older man ‘ with the old rocker M77. Guess I look old? Turning 50 soon feel like 30 wtf?

Well; it was a great opening day and 4th season , pleasure to run into you and your son.

Congrats to you guys, that kid is a trooper.

I’m said ‘cool older man ‘ with the old rocker M77. Guess I look old? Turning 50 soon feel like 30 wtf?

Well; it was a great opening day and 4th season , pleasure to run into you and your son.

Congrats to you guys, that kid is a trooper.
Don't feel bad. My kids were in town over TG and one of them said that an old man made a comment on one of her posts. I thought to myself, "here's my opportunity to really get her". LOL. When I asked her how old the man was, she said forty something. I am 51.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom