5 deer points

elkin44

We have 5 NR deer points and were planning on one of the gunnison units, but there is still some concern from the winter of 2008. Some of the bioligist and local wardenss said that it is still going to take a few years to get close to what it used to be, others have said it is still one of the better areas for mature mule deer. Any one have any comments on the gunnison area or what area or unit to look at with 5 points. We are hoping for a second season mule deer and elk hunt need some help please.

I archery hunted a gunnison basin unit last year for archery. We certainly didn't see much in the way of numbers, maybe 1-2 bucks per day, but my partner did find a bachelor group with 3 big bucks in it, 1 was real big. He put a stalk on them, but got busted. I put a stalk on a 155 class buck and on the last day got on a 170ish kind of deer. Can't complain about the quality, but we sure didn't see many deer.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom