5 pref. points question

muleycrazy

Just wondering...is there any area that is better than G or H as far as trophy potential, worth trying for with 5 points ?

Next time your trying to be slick....Try
being slicker than a 6 year old.

>Just wondering...is there any area that
>is better than G or
>H as far as trophy
>potential, worth trying for with
>5 points ?
>
>
>Next time your trying to be
>slick....Try
>being slicker than a 6 year
>old.

Not at this time. Scout early and high, hunt hard. You could also higher a guide, some even scout by plane, those guys kill the really big bucks! Good luck

Sorry to slightly change the thread, but what about max points? Any units better if you have max?

Thanks.

>Sorry to slightly change the thread,
>but what about max points?
>Any units better if you
>have max?
>
>Thanks.

Nope, but you would be burning about half your PPs that you don't need to draw it. IMHO people that have or are close to max deer PPs are in limbo right now as to how they should use them.

Topgun couldn't agree more.
IMO for Wyoming if there is an area you want to Hunt just go Hunt it regardless of how many points you have. I don't think there's a unit " worth " burning max points but I'm pretty sure 5 years from now there won't be one worth 13 or what ever it is either.
I used my max points 3 years ago and do not regret it one bit in fact I should draw another tag this year or next.

I agree if you have one less tHan max, but with max I just hate to let them go for a G tag that takes 3 points. I wish Wy gave me the option of just points for my first choice, since they don't I can't really hunt deer except on leftovers. Just curious Oil can where you burned your points and how was the hunt?

>How about I comp you for
>your pts and we put
>in for G together?

Good idea, but don't tell BuzzH about the plan, as he might have a kitten!

I got your PM Dave32g, I will send you email

Next time your trying to be slick....Try
being slicker than a 6 year old.

"Just curious Oil can where you burned your points and how was the hunt?"

105-106-109 it was Ok saw a lot of Deer but nothing great( there have been some nice ones killed there) have also Hunted 119 before the point system started and was not impressed at all with that unit.

In hind sight I think Hunting G or H 3-4 times would have been better then building the points.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom