52 youth elk

bulls1

Never hunted this unit before, but it is closer to home. Any pointers on where the elk may be on turkey day? I am tentatively planning on hitting san antonio mountain. Thanks in advance for any tips!

Was up there this last weekend on the cow hunt.The mountain will definatly have lots of elk if your willing to pack them down.On fr 87 south from San antonio you will see 2 small mountains side by side. Glass those in the mornings.Also lots of elk towards Laguna larga and Chino just have to glass
and make a plan to intercept them

On the way to CO for a deer hunt we saw about 60 elk on the base of San Antonio mountain. That was on holloween weekend.

Good luck

I was out there yesterday. Good snow from the Tusas Ridge on up. 6-10 inches. We have had a bunch of elk migrating from the upper elevations from west. I saw several good groups of elk. One herd yesterday had about 80 animals just east of Brokeoff. Another 30 exactly where crazymaez mentiions on the Cerritos de La Cruz just south of San Antonio. On that group, I saw some hunter stalk and tag out on one. That same herd just ran over the hill and starting feeding. Lots of herds on San Antone. Most of the hunters on the existing hunt to include Mobility Impaired have tagged out. There is one more antlerless hunt this coming weekend that goes to the Wednesday before Thankgiving. Most should tag out as well. Not sure if there are other storms coming to move them across US 285. My guess, there should be plenty of elk youth hunters on Thankgiving weekend in 52.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom