53-1 Antelope

shedneck

Does anyone on here have any experience in 53? I'm not looking for advice whatsoever, but I would enjoy seeing pictures of the country, hunting stories from the area, or even better, pictures of antelope taken from unit 53.

A few years ago unit 53 didn't get near the attention that it does now. Seems like it's becoming more popular.

Some folks think that this is shaping up to be a great year for Wyoming antelope. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Lots of antelope, very easy hunt. I've hunted there many times and when we hunted it 2 years ago I wished I had brought my bow. You could easily stalk to inside of 50 yards. Didn't see any big bucks, but plenty that were decent. It is typical, mostly-dry, high desert type landscape. The unit goes up into the mountains on the east, but we always antelope hunted mainly from Baggs up to the Sand Hills from the highway (789) to a few miles east, which is the BLM land on the western third, or so, of the unit. That's not a secret area, everyone else will be hunting there also. But most will be done in the first morning.

"Seems like it's becoming more popular" - EVERYWHERE in Wyoming is becoming more popular. Especially where there is easy public access.

Good luck, it's a fun hunt!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom