54 Elk Rifle

muleychaser

My father got lucky and drew a 54 elk tag that starts on 10/15. We have been to the unit but never that late in the year. Will the bigger bulls have pulled away from the cows by that point? Will they be in the same areas that they are found now? He is somewhat limited due to his age and im hoping to show him a good time and experience all this unit has to offer.

My father got lucky and drew a 54 elk tag that starts on 10/15. We have been to the unit but never that late in the year. Will the bigger bulls have pulled away from the cows by that point? Will they be in the same areas that they are found now? He is somewhat limited due to his age and im hoping to show him a good time and experience all this unit has to offer.
When I hunted it they moved quite a ways from when we were in there archery hunting to the rifle season and depending on weather they could move even more but it’s a a great hunt get to some of the higher look outs and glass some very nice bulls in that unit be patient. Anything thing else you can pm me and I’ll help best I can.

When I hunted it they moved quite a ways from when we were in there archery hunting to the rifle season and depending on weather they could move even more but it’s a a great hunt get to some of the higher look outs and glass some very nice bulls in that unit be patient. Anything thing else you can pm me and I’ll help best I can.
Thanks Bigbuckin. I really appreciate it. I will pm you.

They will be with cows, could even get into some rut activity. 2nd cycle cows will be in this time frame and you could easily find yourself in a rut fest!! Hope your dad finds the bull he wants and post a pic. 54 is a special place!!!

I was just in there helping a friend with his cow elk tag. He filled it Sunday morning there were multiple bulls with the herd and they were bugling. By 8:30 am they were in the trees and disappeared Saturday so Sunday we used a road that came in behind them got there 5 minutes before legal shooting light setup 280yds away and by the time he was ready it was legal shooting time and they had stood up out of their beds giving him a clear shot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom