56 inch maine bull

mainer

Taken on Oct. 15, 2013 by a hunter I guided here in Maine. Guy

2723moose_2.jpg

You mean in the Yukon? Don't you?
That thing's a pig, toad, stud of a bull.
Congrats to you and your hunter!
Zeke

Some big ones up there for sure. I went on a hunt there with a friend of mine a few years ago when he harvested a 60 incher on the first morning. I quit applying due to the crooked system they implemented.

The hunter told me this week that he is arranging to have it scored soon. I'll get back with the score when he tells me. He said he "green scored " it at over 200. But I don't see that. I see about 195 gross with asymmetry bringing it down to maybe just making 185. For reference I think the palm on the right side of the image was about 14" wide. Also, the state aged it from a tooth at 5.5 years. Any other B&C score guesses?

>What did that bull end up
>scoring? If you dont mind
>me asking.

Don't know, but the hunter expects to have it scored soon. I'll get back when he tells me. Any guesses? I think asymmetry will bring it down, maybe 185 is my guess. Fish & Wildlife Dept. tooth aged it at 5.5 years old.

I don't see 200 either, but it is always hard without much for reference in the photo. I've scored several alaskan bulls that were super nice that just went 200" so I have to believe this is closer to 180. Still a great bull for anywhere in the lower 48.
Bill

They grow um big in Maine but getting tag can be difficult. Pretty awesome beast!!

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Mainer I just noticed u were going to pm me I never did hear from u. About what unit u were hunting . Powie_s@yahoo. Com thanks Steve

Bull recently scored by two B&C measurers. Gross: 185 and change. Corrected score: 174 3/8. I nevertheless would not have told anyone to pass up that bull.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom