5a mule deer

Bc

Would like to visit with anyone who has hunted this unit. I drew the public land tag it starts nov. 5th, more than anything I am interested what to expect, such as quality of bucks. I see the success rates dropped quite a bit last year, also there is very little public land is a guy going to feel crowded, I like to stay away from roads but these chunks of public aren't reel big. I am very excited any time I get a chance to hunt new country. Good luck to all fellow monstermuleys.

Did you see any good bucks did you kill

I see humanity now as one vast plant, needing for its
highest fulfillment only love, the natural blessings of the
great outdoors, and intelligent crossing and selection.
Luther Burbank

5a used to be a good unit to hunt. Last few years land owners and the Jicarilla has closed off lots of BLM access. I hunted the area and never seen a buck on public land. Tons of does and elk. Also hunters, they increased the amount of tags in the areas. Now you have 40 hunters on minimal public lands. One area I use as access to BLM land had about 15 hunters in a matter of 5 acres not to mention a camp that had a bonfire about 10 feet high and sounded like a music festival and Left trash behind. Now I understand why land owners in the area act like they do.

We seen a handfull of bucks, some on the res., some on private and some on public. I know the big camp you are talking about couldn't hardly miss it, and yes it was way to crowded around that chunk of blm, went in there one day and had no desire to go back every little clearing had people sitting on it. I didn't shoot a buck, think I had my sights set a little high. I had several opportunities at very respectable bucks, but was holding out for a giant. Went home empty handed which was fine. Probably won't apply for that unit again, did feel a little to crowded most of the time. All in all I had an opportunity to go hunting so that is always a success in my book, it was a good hunt just not a great one. Thank you New Mexico for giving me the opportunity.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom