6.5 Creed is the “Nickelback” of rifle cartridges…

They are a pretty neat little caliber.
I bought one about 6 years ago and won one last year at the Expo which is still in the box unopened.

My Creedmoors turned into "Needmore's" and now I also own two PRC's which are absolute hammers, even on Elk.

American Rifleman had a good write up about all the 6.5 calibers. The creedmoore just has so many options for ammo.

Personally I dont care what you shoot. Shoot what works for you and what your most accurate/comfortable with.

They are a pretty neat little caliber.
I bought one about 6 years ago and won one last year at the Expo which is still in the box unopened.

My Creedmoors turned into "Needmore's" and now I also own two PRC's which are absolute hammers, even on Elk.
Yeah. Nothing else is a hammer on elk. I won't own any PRC's either. My mundane arsenal of proven cartridges will have to do. mtmuley

Got a sweet shooting 6MM Remington, in a fast twist Model Seven Stainless, and don't need to add anymore mediums. If I need more, the 7 Mag works!!

Last edited:
Nicklebacks For Knuckleheads!

Shoot What You Want!

But If I Was Even Thinking 6.5 For Big Game It'd Be No Less Than A PRC!
I've killed elk with numerous calibers from 338 Lapua, 300 win mag, 300 Weatherby Mag, 7mm Rem Mag and now 6.5 PRC.
The only caliber I have ever personally lost a bull with was 25-06.

And in my guiding career with approximately 50+ bulls, I've seen every caliber perform on mature bulls.

To my surprise and experience, the 6.5 PRC kills them just as dead as anything out there.

I was gifted a 6.5 CM as a parting gift from an organization I was a part of for 25 yrs. About 8 yrs ago. What was I going to do? Give it back? Would I have bought one? Not sure. didn't know much about them. It's flat shooting, and I don't think the critters taken would know the difference between any of the other mid-range calibers out there. Still confused on where the hate for these comes from. Fire away. Shoot what works.

I don’t own one, just because don’t have the need for it with what else I got. It is a great cartridge I think especially if you reload, you can get a lot out of that thing

I was gifted a 6.5 CM as a parting gift from an organization I was a part of for 25 yrs. About 8 yrs ago. What was I going to do? Give it back? Would I have bought one? Not sure. didn't know much about them. It's flat shooting, and I don't think the critters taken would know the difference between any of the other mid-range calibers out there. Still confused on where the hate for these comes from. Fire away. Shoot what works.
Best kind of award is one you would not purchase for yourself!! Congratulations!!!!!

I own a 6.5 ………in a man’s gun ! 264 Win Mag !!! But I will say this, my sons got a Creedmoor in a Tikka that shoots picture perfect little groups, doesn’t beat the piss out of him, and doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg in powder to feed ! Zero to 400 on deer it’s a nice rig ! Now the I can kill at a 1,000 yds cause I shoot a Creedmoor crowd ……… they are a whole different group of individuals 🙄🙄🙄

Got a full safe with many calibers, I've settled on my 2 favorites. Love my Tikka in 6.5 cred for deer and smaller critters and my custom 300WM for everything bigger. Both have bullet hole touching accuracy and both a blast to shoot. Simplifies things for me. Probably won't be hunting bear or moose so I'm set imo.

I'm sure it's a fine cartridge, but I think a lot of it is in the name. It's a Creedmoor. If it was named the 6.5 Johnson nobody would even notice. Kind of like the 427 Cobra Jet, or the 440 Six Pack. Who wouldn't want one of those?

I always thought it was the association with flat-brimmers? Butt that’s such a boomer thing to say.

The fact that they are the “last gun I will ever need” makes me want to stay away from them. Poison.

I always thought it was the association with flat-brimmers? Butt that’s such a boomer thing to say.

The fact that they are the “last gun I will ever need” makes me want to stay away from them. Poison.
Don’t think there is anything as “the last gun you will ever need” I know I always need more guns… but light recoilers are pretty slick in 5/6lb rifles I do know that

I think we need to have a Fudd showdown. You guys bring your 270 and I’ll bring all my creedmoors.

The main reason you guys can’t sport a flat brim is that recoil from your 300 Norma knocks it right off your head every time 😉
Is Fudd a Rokslide deal? Fricken stupid. mtmuley

I think we need to have a Fudd showdown. You guys bring your 270 and I’ll bring all my creedmoors.

The main reason you guys can’t sport a flat brim is that recoil from your 300 Norma knocks it right off your head every time 😉
I’m so old I’ve shot a 308 norma mag, but not a 300 norma.

Don’t think there is anything as “the last gun you will ever need” I know I always need more guns… but light recoilers are pretty slick in 5/6lb rifles I do know that
Old guys need light guns too- for those long hard days afield. My back killed me the last 5 years- so I finally found a 5lb rifle in a "lighter" caliber to do the long hunts with. OMG- life saver! Heck- my Millennial son loved it so much he left his rifle behind and used it on his nice NM elk bull. Woohoo!

Is Fudd a Rokslide deal? Fricken stupid. mtmuley
Yeah, but you guys can handle the jabs just fine on MM. between the good nature harassment and pictures of big bucks it’s enough to keep me coming back

Anyone shooting a 6.5 creedmoor=genZ/millenial/women/child

Anyone shooting something bigger than a 6.5=Fudd

That should cover everyone

Last edited:
Yeah, but you guys can handle the jabs just fine on MM. between the good nature harassment and pictures of big bucks it’s enough to keep me coming back

Anyone shooting a 6.5 creedmoor=genZ/millenial/women/child

Anyone shooting something bigger than a 6.5=Fudd

That should cover everyone
Ordered a Rokstok didn't you? mtmuley

Leg humper through and through..what did you and Picket do to get banned?
Never was banned. I’ve hunted with Ryan and used to chat with Aaron about gear long before guys like you were mouth open on your knees for him. Both decent guys, doesn’t mean that web sites not a giant fanboy hand job though

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom