6 points elk and deer, where to apply 2021

muleyjunkie

So it looks like I might be moving to Wyoming in 2021 and have 6 NR points for elk and deer. Any recommendations where to burn the points this year. If I read the regs correctly, I have to apply as a non res even if I move in a couple months. Thanks!

So it looks like I might be moving to Wyoming in 2021 and have 6 NR points for elk and deer. Any recommendations where to burn the points this year. If I read the regs correctly, I have to apply as a non res even if I move in a couple months. Thanks!
Lucky! Wish I could talk the wife in a move to WY.

You might consider some general tags at those point levels. General elk took 3 points to draw this year. Then pick a general deer unit. You have enough for any general unit besides G. Pick some spots you wanted to hunt with an OTC license next year.

Have you hunted WY before?

What town you moving too? Start looking around that town. Are you an archery hunter? Might look at type 9 elk tag. I moved to wyo 18 months ago. Never leaving.

Lucky! Wish I could talk the wife in a move to WY.

You might consider some general tags at those point levels. General elk took 3 points to draw this year. Then pick a general deer unit. You have enough for any general unit besides G. Pick some spots you wanted to hunt with an OTC license next year.

Have you hunted WY before?
Only hunted down by Baggs

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom