60/40 Special nr distribution

Yea I should specified...Money goes to The Wyoming state board of outfitters.

I thought I read once, outfitters have to pay 2 or 3% of their gross for forest permit? Maybe that was Montana?

Should also be noted in my "AZ as example".....
Guide or outfitter fee's are paid directly to Game & Fish. Also, you have to purchase and maintain a current hunting license, resident or non resident at their respective fee's to renew a guide license.

Back to the topic of what "outfitters" give to Game & Fish, those are the only fees given to the AZ G&F on behalf of an outfitter/guide, only because I know their system. I do not know if other states do that (CA is similar I heard).

Looks like WY G&F gets zero fees from outfitters unless they buy a hunting license. Would that be correct to clear the record??

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-15 AT 03:30PM (MST)[p]I am beginning to understand how some of our elected officials get into office...

With all this talk and the changes that Wyoming is making it got me wondering how long Wyoming has had the designated wilderness law where non residents have to go guided? Thank god all states haven't decided to make some ridiculous law like this. I'm guessing it was made for the benefit of outfitters just like this 60/40 proposal correct?

>With all this talk and the
>changes that Wyoming is making
>it got me wondering how
>long Wyoming has had the
>designated wilderness law where non
>residents have to go guided?
>Thank god all states haven't
>decided to make some ridiculous
>law like this. I'm guessing
>it was made for the
>benefit of outfitters just like
>this 60/40 proposal correct?

Don't have to guess on that one...

BuzzH Really?

I must have missed you in Cheyenne, when I drove on black ice for 100 miles, on my dime, risking my vehicle, to testify on behalf of NR's...

First it was price increase for NR's then it was Senate File 69 the list goes on except for SF56. I agree with you there. You don't paint a pretty picture BuzzH. I'm not trying to crumb on you but kinda hard to know where your coming from.

Buzz if failed SF0069 wasn't about getting tags from NR into the hands of residents excatly what was it? please explain I guess I missed something.

You are still ducking the questions. are you going to answer why outfitters should pay for something they have no obligation whatsoever for or not? what do you want from them anyway?

GVH, why should hunting be cheap ? you sound like a 99%er. if you can't afford a special price tag maybe you can't afford a regular price tag either. if a few hundred bucks breaks you up maybe out of state hunting just isn't in your budget. if money were no issue I'd buy Ted Turner out and I wouldn't need your stupid tags. so give me some of that sympathy too.

It really is all about hate for outfitters with you guys thats obvious. you won't take the questions on you just circle back . I'm not asking again this is becoming extremely redundant and boring.

Stay thirsty my friends

>wyoelkhunter,
>
>Just curious how much time you've
>spent at the legislature this
>session?
>
>Can you point out all the
>bills that really help wildlife,
>public lands, and wildlife habitat
>that were introduced this session?
>
>
>The view from my numerous trips
>to Cheyenne, and time spent
>in lobbying efforts, is that
>a majority of time is
>being spent fighting horrendous legislation.
>
>
>While it would be nice to
>focus on things that help
>wildlife, etc., we cant sit
>back and let bad legislation
>pass.
>
>I'm also of the opinion that
>"uniting" hunters is akin to
>pi$$ing up a rope. I
>see how many "concerned" hunters
>show up at GF meetings,
>commission meetings, and legislative sessions.
>The concern for wildlife, hunting,
>the NAM, etc. seems to
>be a pretty thin line...to
>put it mildly.
>
>Every excuse under the sun why
>they cant find the time
>to support wildlife, hunting, fishing,
>recreation, etc.
>
>The problem isnt in-fighting between special
>interests within the ranks of
>hunters, no matter how much
>you want it to be
>or how many times you
>say it. Its 99% about
>the average hunter being a
>apathetic, uninformed, and unwilling to
>help in any way beyond
>"gettin' their elk" every year
>and buying a tag once
>a year.
>
>Those in the arena see what's
>going on, and they capitalize
>on hunter apathy, big-time...whether it
>be the legislature or special
>interests.
>
>Those few that bother to take
>a stand and make a
>difference, are forced to focus
>almost entirely on keeping what
>we have.
>
>Just the way it is...and unlikely
>to change anytime soon.
>
>
Buzz. I and others appreciate your efforts in the legislature. Im no stranger to wildlife politics after a 30 year career as a state wildlife biologist. Ive fought the fight and have the bruises to show for it. For your information I do try to keep tabs on bills and let my legislators know how I feel. Im not sure how you think Im disagreeing with you. If youve read my posts you will see ive tried to convince hunters to get involved for their own good. Cant say Ive had much more luck than you have.

I guess this isnt the place for that

440, I promise you I could hunt guided on a landowner tag every year if I wanted, including Alaskan. And unlike you my dad didn't hand me everything. How hard is it for you to understand it's not about the money. You can't debate dumb so I'm done, but keep sending daddy's money to wyoga because as always it's all about you.

>>And the WY g&f is fully
>>funded till the end of
>>the decade.
>
>
>Do you doubt it?

Not a bit if u say it. I just don't see what the search for more funding is about? They're fully funded why give a government agency more than they need? Generally what happens after that is they want more and then it's never enough.

Wyoelkhunter I'm not going to jump on you because of your limited number of posts I'm assuming you just don't understand the mindset of Buzz. Let me explain Buzz is a narcissist who probably got a great deal of enjoyment from you stroking his fragile ego.

This will probably be gone before long as most comments questioning of Super Buzz are deleted as have been my last few.

"Buzz. I and others appreciate your efforts in the legislature. Im no stranger to wildlife politics after a 30 year career as a state wildlife biologist. Ive fought the fight and have the bruises to show for it. For your information I do try to keep tabs on bills and let my legislators know how I feel. Im not sure how you think Im disagreeing with you. If youve read my posts you will see ive tried to convince hunters to get involved for their own good. Cant say Ive had much more luck than you have". (Wyoelkhunter)

Buzz really should be in DC he's that good. making people believe you're helping them by doing nothing but telling them you're helping them is a gift .

GVH , I don't give a FF if my WY tag costs a little more as long as it's still available. that's what you slow thinkers don't grasp, the outfitters you hate are the reason our quotas are what they are. take Buzz'z failed SF0069 for example, who stopped that? get it? if you don't get me some crayons and I'll draw pictures.

Why are you butthurt about my success? I enlarged the ranch and have been successful in other ventures since he died 20 years ago. sorry but I thought that was the goal .

I didn't think you 99%ers had time to hunt with all your city park campouts and such. people with money suck as much as outfitters don't they? if you could find a rich outfitter that would be your embodiment of satan.

Stay thirsty my friends

Of all the positive things that the greatest generation did, their one failure is creating the most selfish, greedy, and entitled generation of all time...the baby-boomers.

You're living up to the stereo-type 440...nice work.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-15 AT 08:37PM (MST)[p]60/40 passed 1st reading today without so much as a whimper. The Bill sponsor made a pretty good argument for its passage if you're a resident:

Wolves are making it hard on Outfitters
The Dept could potentially gain almost 500K in revenue
The demand for the original 40% Special licenses has been exceeded
Any tags not drawn would go to the regular draw, then to residents
The Bill has no affect on residents and doesn't increase the nr tag allotment
Non resident hunters can still choose the cheaper regular license

Never enjoyed the youth card, but this change is a little bit of a bummer because it reduces the youth tags available for the cheaper fees. Wyoming has been generous enough over the years, but this change will increase my kids' wait to draw by years.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom