San Juan NR MZ mule deer

tombo42

Now that the DL has passed how many BP's do you think it will take to draw the NR BP MZ MD tag in the LE SJ ER? Last year the rifle took 23 BP for the NR. I am thinking it will be similar for the MZ. I'm in with 23 fingers crossed.

Now that the DL has passed how many BP's do you think it will take to draw the NR BP MZ MD tag in the LE SJ ER? Last year the rifle took 23 BP for the NR. I am thinking it will be similar for the MZ. I'm in with 23 fingers crossed.
Well unless the guy with 28 points this year and the two with 25 points fell to sleep or they didn't like the new muzzie restrictions this year I'm guessing your chances are pretty slim.

You'll definitely be in the running for the random tag though!!

I'm in the same boat as you, just chose a different weapon.

Good luck!!

My guess would be 28. As Horn says, there was an applicant last year with 27 and two with 24.

DWR recommended two NR archery tags and two NR muzzy tags this year so there should be a bonus in each. Who knows who else will jump in.

:unsure:

Unless they released a bunch of tags to NR's I believe the MZL is random due to the fact that it only having 1 tag.
That’s my understanding… I don’t think there will be a Preference tag at all. Some A-hat with 12 points (Me) is going to draw

Sorry, I am pulling for my son with 4 points that draws and he is not an A-hat thank you very much!

JK I put him in for Vernon multi-season. Much better odds than SJ MZ hunt. That would be a great hunt.

Good luck to all the A-hats out there.

I'm sorry Tombo, but your odds aren't great. IF they give 2 NR tags, there are likely three guys ahead of you for the Bonus Tag... I'll hope 🙏 for your sake those guys decided to jump ship with the new muzzloader regs.!!

If it does come down to the random tag, your odds are roughly 24/1100, or 2.2%

Good luck!!

IMG_5443.jpeg

The post above are absolutely correct.
Don’t get your hopes up to draw that tag. Point creep is real. Even the rifle tag may leap and be out of reach for you in the future. It’s possible you may be looking at Vernon or Bookcliffs.

Build points and don’t die that’s my motto
I hope your young!! The average life span of a man in the United States is 76.33 years old. That statistic would only have me at 28 points for deer and elk. Hardly enough for the top level deer and elk units for a NR today let alone in 6 years. :unsure:

I hope that doesn't send chills up the spine of some of our MM
members. I know there is a few inching closer like myself and some have exceeded the average. Good on you guys!! Bring that average up for us "young bucks . :giggle:"

I can tell you this. If the draw was random only, I would’ve dropped out a long time ago.

No, I’ll never draw Primo tag. Probably not even San Juan. But if I live long enough, I’ll draw a decent tag.

I can tell you this. If the draw was random only, I would’ve dropped out a long time ago.

No, I’ll never draw Primo tag. Probably not even San Juan. But if I live long enough, I’ll draw a decent tag.
Good luck to you! I've applied the last 3 years in mid tier units with bonus points myself.

The first year if I would of had the points I had after the draw I would of drawn the next year. But point creep is out running the single point I gain every year. If that continues I always end up in the random tag bracket like yourself.

That said I'm applying as a NR. If you're a resident odds go up substantially compared to mine.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom