$600.00 Gawleee!!

C

ClorideRUS

The federal government is sending each and everyone of us at least a

$600 rebate.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China.

If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

If we purchase a computer it will go to India.

If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico,

Honduras, and Guatemala.

If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan.

If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan ... and

none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy

prostitutes, weed, beer, cigarettes, whiskey, and tattoos, since these

are the only products still produced in the USA.

Thank you for your help & please support the U.S

RUS

You should donate it to Hillary's campaign :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

It is kind of funny. I didn't qualify for a stimulas package payment but I did get my quarterly bill for taxes owed. So I hope you enjoy the cash as it will not change a thing for most people.

Nemont

>It is kind of funny.
>I didn't qualify for a
>stimulas package payment but I
>did get my quarterly bill
>for taxes owed. So
>I hope you enjoy the
>cash as it will not
>change a thing for most
>people.
>
>Nemont

So I have to ask Nemont.....do you make more than $175,000 per year? What do you do? You seem plenty intelligent. Should I already know what you do?

I'll put gas in BOTH vehicles with my money....if it ever gets here.

I'll put a down payment on a rice burner and keep the money in Detroit and Texas where many of the vehicles are made.

Zigga,

I own an insurance agency specializing in health insurance plans and health plan consulting and yes I made more then $175,000. Still doesn't seem like alot of money.

Nemont

>Zigga,
>
>I own an insurance agency specializing
>in health insurance plans and
>health plan consulting and yes
>I made more then $175,000.
> Still doesn't seem like
>alot of money.
>
>Nemont

beats driving a cab, don't it zigga?

JB

Since these checks are taxable they'll take back 1/2 of it anyway so that leaves you with $300 in reality. I like Rus's hooker idea though, Spitzer was paying paying that chick about $5500 an hour so $300 would get you 3 or 4 minutes. plenty of time, but I don't qualify for a check myself so thanks for nothing GW. one more reason not to like him.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-06-08 AT 07:00PM (MST)[p]Dude, you obviously didn't get one. If you had, you would have read the notice that preceeded the actual check.

"Note: You will not be required to report the amount of your stimulus payment as taxable income on your 2008 federal income tax return."

You might have to claim it as taxable income on the State return though.

$1200 of my own money back, Thank you Mr. President!

Edit: Since Bush only gives tax breaks to the rich, as Hillary and Obama have been preaching, I must be one rich SOB!

Eel

No I'm not getting one, I figured it was taxable like a refund. since it's a handout they must be treating it like welfare.

Eel, Dude gets em too. There just called subsidies.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

My subsidies this year were about as much as your stimulus check, and they are taxable.

I see Bush is considering a new round of stimulus checks since the first batch didn't do it. this is all going on the national debt and not helping anyway, this economy needs more attention than this stupid plan. until we can get a handle on energy prices we're screwed plain and simple, there's no quick fix but we don't even have a game plan and that's a discrace.

I wish that GWB would stimulate the economy by cutting government spending by about 50%. That would do way more long term good for this country then any bribery payment made to garner votes in the Nov. election.

Nemont

I really think Congress does have an energy plan. The rich and elite are in good shape and the little guy can cower down like a whipped pup. Seems to be working great, too!

Maybe the majority of americans work their tails off for forty or fifty thousand dollars a year and will spend the money and stimulate the economy? Its funny how thats a bribe but when the bush tax cuts that gave hundreds of billions of dollars to people that make six figure incomes that was to stimulate the economy. You gotta love it

I agree, now it's going to be like an auction with the dems and the republicans trying to outbid each other on who'll give the biggest stimulus check.

The problem as I see it these handouts are adding to the debt at the same time tax revenues are on the decline and spending is on the increase. no matter who gets elected they'll have to raise taxes or double the debt like Bush has, if we couldn't pay our bills in a robust economy we won't in a recession or a depression. we have to cut spending that's all there is to it, 341.4 million dollars a day in Iraq seems like a good place to start. sometimes I wonder if our leaders even took high school economics.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-08 AT 09:16AM (MST)[p]Piper,

Want to trade tax bills? If you think that I got a HUGE tax break you don't understand the tax system very well. Explain what exactly the current checks being sent out accomplish? Stimulate the economy to do what: For Americans to demand more cheap foreign made goods while adding billions to our debt? Great plan.

If you want to target those with 6 figure incomes that is fine but what if funny is both parties ingore those with billion dollar incomes and what percentage they pay in taxes. I am paying my share and have no reason to want to pay more. I will never recover what I have paid into the Social Security system. It is always a happy day with I reach the maximum payment.

So if the current checks are not bribes for votes then what are they? Both parties would be punished at the polls if the economy slips further before the election so both sides agreed to hand out goodies to the population.

Also you are accusing me of supportin the tax cuts for higher wage earners not a bribery. You may want to do some investigation before accusing me of something and come up with a quote showing my support for those tax cuts. I am in favor of conservative monetary policies not the current: not tax and spend policies of GWB. Why do you think the Republicans are in such political straits? They have spent money like drunken sailors while the country is at war.

In addition I love it when "people work their tails off making forty or fifty thousand dollars a year". The insuniation that I don't work and anybody earning a 6 figure income doesn't work as hard. Yeah it was all just handed to me and I was just "lucky". Well I started with nothing, was one of eleven kids and my dad couldn't afford to give me the ranch and I couldn't afford to buy it. I even ate free and subsidized school lunches growing up. So I joined the Army and went to school on the GI bill, after doing a combat tour in the First Gulf War. Started my business after my Army days and lived on a very tight budget for a long time. So I have no shame in being successful and taking care of my family. I have no problem calling the current economic stimulous payments a bribery.

We have to get our economic house in order as a country. If you wish to punish people who have been successful because they are "rich" then go ahead and increase taxes. Just remember that when you make it more expensive for me to do business, a small business, compared to the Wells-Fargo's, Exxon's and Wal-Mart's of the worlds I have to react by either increasing my revenue or reducing my costs. I can't just print money or borrow it to make my books balance.

Nemont

P.S. Have you ever gotten a job from a poor person?

"In addition I love it when "people work their tails off making forty or fifty thousand dollars a year". The insuniation that I don't work and anybody earning a 6 figure income doesn't work as hard. Yeah it was all just handed to me and I was just "lucky". Well I started with nothing, was one of eleven kids and my dad couldn't afford to give me the ranch and I couldn't afford to buy it. I even ate free and subsidized school lunches growing up. So I joined the Army and went to school on the GI bill, after doing a combat tour in the First Gulf War. Started my business after my Army days and lived on a very tight budget for a long time. So I have no shame in being successful and taking care of my family. I have no problem calling the current economic stimulous payments a bribery."

Nemont acording to the Dem party leader Joe Biden guys like you simply won lifes lottery. You never worked hard a day in your life.
That is the mind set we are up against my friend.

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

Maybe I missed this one, but what exactly does Nemont do for a luxury living..?

Nemont I have done lots of work for people that don't make a lot of money, should only the wealthy be able to afford goods and services? I must say you are a very sensitive person I think I know why, but I won't say. The average net income for American workers in 2006 was about thirty seven thousand dollars and the median income was about twenty five thousand dollars, that means half of all workers made less than that, whats wrong with me saying that? I agree with most of your post but GWBs problem is more tax cut and spend, than tax and spend, your right these stupid stimuli, bribe,tricks are going to cause more harm than good. I don't know whats going to happen if this country doesn't get a handle on the big monetary issues like war and military spending, a two hundred billion dollar a year war on drugs thats a joke, a health care system that the rest of the worlds Industrialized countrys use as a model for inefficiency and waste, and a few other things. In my opinion getting rid of earmarks is another right wing ploy to distract people from understanding that we have to make some hard choices in the near future,

Gee I wish I could get my check to help with paying for this high gas for a week or two.

I keep getting an e-mail from IRS and some small pocket full of change, but I delete the scam mail.

Brian

Who said I was poor and don't make an honest living? Ever made a living breaking your back? Doubt it. I just wanted to know WHAT he does.

"Piper,

Want to trade tax bills? If you think that I got a HUGE tax break you don't understand the tax system very well. Explain what exactly the current checks being sent out accomplish? Stimulate the economy to do what: For Americans to demand more cheap foreign made goods while adding billions to our debt? Great plan.

If you want to target those with 6 figure incomes that is fine but what if funny is both parties ingore those with billion dollar incomes and what percentage they pay in taxes. I am paying my share and have no reason to want to pay more. I will never recover what I have paid into the Social Security system. It is always a happy day with I reach the maximum payment.

So if the current checks are not bribes for votes then what are they? Both parties would be punished at the polls if the economy slips further before the election so both sides agreed to hand out goodies to the population.

Also you are accusing me of supportin the tax cuts for higher wage earners not a bribery. You may want to do some investigation before accusing me of something and come up with a quote showing my support for those tax cuts. I am in favor of conservative monetary policies not the current: not tax and spend policies of GWB. Why do you think the Republicans are in such political straits? They have spent money like drunken sailors while the country is at war.

In addition I love it when "people work their tails off making forty or fifty thousand dollars a year". The insuniation that I don't work and anybody earning a 6 figure income doesn't work as hard. Yeah it was all just handed to me and I was just "lucky". Well I started with nothing, was one of eleven kids and my dad couldn't afford to give me the ranch and I couldn't afford to buy it. I even ate free and subsidized school lunches growing up. So I joined the Army and went to school on the GI bill, after doing a combat tour in the First Gulf War. Started my business after my Army days and lived on a very tight budget for a long time. So I have no shame in being successful and taking care of my family. I have no problem calling the current economic stimulous payments a bribery.

We have to get our economic house in order as a country. If you wish to punish people who have been successful because they are "rich" then go ahead and increase taxes. Just remember that when you make it more expensive for me to do business, a small business, compared to the Wells-Fargo's, Exxon's and Wal-Mart's of the worlds I have to react by either increasing my revenue or reducing my costs. I can't just print money or borrow it to make my books balance.

Nemont

P.S. Have you ever gotten a job from a poor person?"

Nemont,

I dont always agree with you, but I agree with you 100%
99.9% of small business owners worked their tails off to be succesful

I hate to agree with some of you guys but sometimes I have to.

What I've found being self employed and watching others both succeed and fail is, if you're successful you're either a crook or very lucky, if you fail you're stupid for trying.

sometimes you can't win.

Jingow I have worked constuction since I was 17 and I am 50, BQH didn't ask how stupid we are, he asked what newmont did for a living, and don't you people think that the economy would be better if most people that work for a living could afford to spend money for goods and services? because we have a consumer based economy it should work better that way, I really get discusted when I hear people say things like only the rich create jobs and you never work for poor people, what a bunch of crap, I have worked for many people that don't make very much money, but that is beginning to change, I guess trickle down economics truly does work

Thats funny, JIGGALO thinks I'm a kid... Maybe at heart. My grandfather at one point worked his way up with H&K construction and became part owner. Want to talk about a family of hard workers in the construction business. My three aunts worked the rollers, my cousin also worked the rollers, my mother was truck driver for H&K and a roller operator, my father also did truck driving for H&K, and my grandfather did just about everything, and me.. well, I shoveld for a while then went to college. I decided that skin cancer just wasn't going to be my thing... since everyone in my family that worked construction now has skin cancer from all the sun exposure I figured that was enough. Happy now Jiggalo...

On post 5 Newmont stated what he did for a living child. All you had to do was read the posts and you would have realized that your question was allready answered. I did not even mention you in my first reply but you assumed I did. We all what assume means. You made an ass out of you and me. Knucklehead.

Piper,

If your long term career path include only working for "poor" people that may explain your bitterness toward life. I never said only "rich" people create jobs, I said have you ever got a job from a "poor" person? "Poor" is a term that denotes more then just financial poor. I am willing to bet the people you worked for that didn't have a lot of income were building equity in other ways, you know building wealth by investing their time and talents into a piece of property, a farm or ranch, a business building anything that at the end of their working lives is going to be worth more then when then started.

You sure have it out for people who are successful and work hard. I can not understand that attitude. If you think GWB is an idiot and the worst thing to happen to this country then how on earth can you support an "economic stimulus" payment? It is simply borrowing money today that will be added to my and your kids bill. It is reducing the future quality of life in order for Wal-Mart to sell more Chinese made Flat Screen TV's. It makes no sense. It make as much sense as reducing taxes while at the same time increasing spending and trying to figure out how come we are teetering on an economic meltdown. Real rocket science there.

Do I think things would be better if hard working people can afford goods and services? Of course, now walk around your neighborhood and figure out how many people are going without most of the modern conviences. Go look at the highways and see how many people are still driving their SUV's, stopping for $4 latte's, Driving motorhomes, pulling boats and campers, planning hunting trips, going on vacations. Most people who are working are spending it as fast or faster. How many have saved a single dime for retirement yet continue to consume all the cheap Chinese crap imported? And when these same people begin to retire they expect higher earning people to pay for their retirement as well.

I want to take care of the truly needy, the elderly without means of support, the disabled and especially the veterans of this country. I am not so interested in taking care of able bodied people who consumed every dollar then earned and then some, while not once sacrificing a Saturday night out or the latest and greatest electronic device. Most of these same people think guys like me are stupid for living below my means so that I can sock away money for my kids college and my ultimate retirement. Yet, they are owed a comfortable retirement by the government and oh yeah just tax that guy that made some money during his lifetime because he didn't work for it and he was just lucky to earn any of it so rightfully it is the governements.

You will get your dream come true this fall Obama will win and I predict the Republicans are going to recieve an old fashion @ss Whopping in the congressional elections. In addition it won't be the democrat party of FDR or JFK or even WJC, it is the Democrat party of Feinstein, Pelosi, Reed and Kerry. The leftwing of the leftwing of the party, If you hated when the Republicans had control of both houses and the White House, watch what happens when the Democrats hold the power. Of course you won't care because they will only stick it to the "rich", well wait and watch and see what the "rich" do in reaction to such policies. It is a global economy and a global financial market place at you may find the hated "rich" will move even more of their money and jobs offshore.

Keep advocating class warfare and your dream of free everything will come true, unfortunately the people you thought were going to pay for it are going to be standing in line next to you waiting on the free cheese.

Nemont

Nemont I agre with most of what you have here but it should be noted the republicans asked for it. for 6 years they kept the dems in a dark corner and poked them with a stick.

Now we have a revenge mentality going, but there is hope that Obama might move for a less bitter non partisan style to some degree. this situation has to change, the devisiveness in DC has spread to the whole nation and it's made us look like a bunch of Muslims light with our fighting.

Obama is a full on liberal but he's no dumby and his style is not cut throat or vengeful. if he can work with republicans and reunite the country that alone is worth a lot, I don't see McCain doing that. the problems in front of us today are going to require a united governing body and nation. we have some economic tough times ahead of us, tougher than most of us alive today have ever seen if my guess is correct.

Hey stupid, you replied right after me. Ol' bat, get with the program. Turn up the hearing aid, and wear your glasses! Child.. whatever old man. At least I'm still young at heart. So sit back in your rocking chair and don't break your hip now.

Nemont, you say I put words in your mouth, so its only fair that you put them in mine, I DON'T support the stimulus bill I just noted how the tax cuts in which most of the money went to higher income Americans were touted as an economic stimulus by the republicans the talk radio right drooled like kids in a candy store, so now were running a two billion dollar a day deficit and the worthless dollar makes fuel prices high and who does that hit the hardest? I remmember when Clinton raised taxes in 1993 and "B1" Bob Dornan who used to stand in for Rush Limbaugh got up in congress and said the tax increases would cause the collapse of the economy the end of America as we new it and we would be in soup lines. the bill passed and in 1994 the stock market hit 4000 for the first time and then up and up that was after the largest tax increase in history in 1993, so your threats of doom ring hollow to me,If the Bush cuts expire and the rich have to pay what they paid during the clinton years I dont think we will be in bread lines do you? I have some wealthy friends and I dont have it in for the rich as you say, but I dont think people should be Enroned for basic human needs either, the reason the republicans are in trouble is because they went to far, lets just hope the dems don't go to far the other way, do you want to see your children inherit a 20 trillion dollar debt? and do I agree with most of what you are saying

I see no hope that Obama will do anything other then move the the tit for tat politics to the other side of the aisle. The first two years of an Obama administration will be simply political pay back for way the Republicans behaved. He will not be able to rein in congress nor will want to stop any of the current spending just add addition programs and spending to the current budget.

I will also bet they don't wind down Iraq any sooner then GWB planned nor will the left hold them to any of the promises once they are in office. They will be no different then the Republicans. In order for a party to not go off kilter there has to be a divided government. It is okay if the Dem control the White House but the Republicans need to control either the House or Senate or vice versa.

When a party has complete power they lose all discipline. It will be as bad for Dems as it was for the Republicans.

Nemont

I don't want the dems in full control either, but I think it's coming.

There is no reason to think Obama will treat the right like Bush treated the left, though yes it could happen. out of all of Obama's " change " crap this is the one change he could make if he chose to. if the hatred for him once he's elected tones that is, if it doesn't then I hope he breaks some fingers. tit for tat as you say.

Nemont have you read the new book " Just how stupid are we " ? I saw the author interviewed and it looks like a great read with some humor, I hate reading but if I recall you read books. the subject is how uninformed and ignorant the average American voter is, he says only one in 7 Americans can find Iraq on a globe! that blows me away. the gist is we're responsible to elect politians to do the right thing and when we don't it's our own fault, but people who don't understand the issues can't make an informed decision. simple but true, it explains why this country is so screwed up and we get losers like Obama, Bush and McCain .

Dude you sure are optimistic about Obama. Remeber his voting record is the number 1 most liberal in congress. That means he has never once reached across the isle. Not once. What makes you think he is going to start now? You know people as well as I do, they don't change. Now look at McCain, yes he sucks, however he has reached across the isle. Sometimes a little to far across. He has a record of uniting. Obama does not. To be quite Honest Obama has hardly a record at all of any type of leadership role. Please explain why you think Obama will work with the other side and McCain will not.

Obama to me looks like another Jimmy Carter train wreck!

Obama is a liberal elected by liberals to represent the state of IL, but being president requires a much broader scope, which Bush doesn't have and I don't see McCain as having it.

Obama is a young politian and he wants re elected in 2012, he's a dreamer with grand visions of a perfect world, sure it's all pie in the sky but that type of person is more likely to work with others to reach a compomise. McCain is Bush III, it's my way or the hiway. he's already made a list of foriegn leaders he'll refuse diolog with , why should he be anymore flexible with the dems? McCain should know if he gets elected by some chance he's a one term president, his age if nothing more will almost gaurantee that. people with a short timers attitude and nothing to lose are seldom easy to work with in my experience.

I have no way of knowing what either one of them will say or do once in office, but I think Obama would stand a much higher chance of getting the majority of congress and Americans pulling in the same direction. I'm not sure what that direction should or will be but it's clear this is one place that needs " change ", a few more terms of Bush like division and we'll be shooting at each other. Obama is going to be president not supreme leader, he can't screw things up that bad in one term. might as well accept it and keep your chin up because it's going to happen.

HD,

I haven't read that book yet. Still getting through Scotty's book on what really happened.

I don't think you are giving McCain his due when it comes to working with both sides of the Aisle. There is a lot of his record that shows he was a moderate in the Senate who worked both sides of the Aisle. That is why the right wingers hate him so much. His finger prints are all over alot of compromises that came out of the senate.

Obama may believe in change but the party leaders who will help pick his cabinet and his advisors are deeply invested in the current political fighting and have been keeping score. In addition his election will energize the opposition and will fuel further polarizing the extremes of both parties.

My main concern is that he really has no real world experience in any field other the academia and politics. He has as much in common with me as VP Cheney does which is nothing, well I guess all three of us are males but other then that.

Also Obama will have a difficult time appeasing all the ethnic groups who feel it is their turn to be in power. He must reward his supporters which may mean alienating the power brokers in Washington.

McCain is no better of a candidate and is not my idea of leader but neither is Obama. I said after the last election I am done settling for the lesser of two evils so I guess I will have to vote for a third party candidate which will help assure an Obama victory.

I just don't see in Obama the substance of a great leader. He is a great speaker and has energized young people but he has a record the is shockingly thin on accomplishments and long on rhetoric.

Nemont

So Dude let me see if I have this right. You are willing to go with a "pie in the sky" guy with no track record, no leadership record, no business experience, never authored a piece of legislation, has the most liberal voting record in the senate, has surrounded him self with old school Clintonista's with an ax to grind and has never once metioned that he is a uniter OVER a man who has made his career on being a uniter and working with Dems on any number of pieces of legislation.

Or has your hatred of George Bush has jaded you so much anything other than a Republican is what you want?

Unlike the way you hate Obama I don't hate Bush, I think he's a crappy leader that's done more harm than good. but idiots elected him again even after knowing him so why hate Bush for doing what he was elected to do? I strongly disapprove of him I don't hate him,I don't want him dead I want him out, there is a difference.

So you're saying Obama hasn't been a politian long enough, I don't count that against him. ofcourse he's a liberal, you expected something else from the dems? McCain has some potential as a uniter but most of his positions are the same as Bush's, it's been proven that's not anything unity can be built upon so we're sunk right off the bat.

Did you see where the budget deficit reached a new record last month due to the stimulus checks? I don't see the economy rebounding as planned do you? see when conservatives and liberals work together they can screw up bigger and better, maybe unity isn't all it's cracked up to be after all.

Dude, in post number 39 you said this:
" Obama is a young politian and he wants re elected in 2012, he's a dreamer with grand visions of a perfect world, sure it's all pie in the sky but that type of person is more likely to work with others to reach a compomise."

Then in post nuber 42 you said this:
"see when conservatives and liberals work together they can screw up bigger and better, maybe unity isn't all it's cracked up to be after all."

I was simply arguing your first position in post 39. Now in post number 42 you flip floped. WTF Dude!

Unity isn't always a great thing. That is why our Republic has lasted so long. There is always opposition to almost anything. That is why a divided government is better then having one party run the show. Mark my words an all democrat controlled government will be as bad as an all Republican controlled government.

In my opinion Gridlock in Washington is generally a good thing. The less "accomplished" by government the better off we are.

It appears that the stars are aligning for Obama and I doubt he has the ability to rise to the occasion. He is hopelessly naive on foreign policy and complete clueless on anything regarding the military. His record in the Senate is basically one of nothing of importance. His record in Illinios is of raising taxes and delivering favors. I predict if elected he will not be a two term president and that a good portion of his opposition will come from within his own party.

Nemont

You are probably right Nemont.

Dude, look, if we are going to have arguments that make any sence you are going to have to concentrate and stay on message. This flip floping will get us no-where. There are a lot of folks here on MM that live and die by our dribble so quit screwing it up! ;-)

When I said unity I guess what I really mean is enough respect to function properly. there has always been and should be opposition, that's what keeps everyone honest, but it's gone to such extremes it's hurting the country in my opinion. full dem control will be as bad or worse, my hope is they'll be more like adults with the power they'll have after seeing how it backfired on the republicans.

Gridlock is the best most of the time I agree, but we have a few problems right now that may require more than partisan politics to resolve. maybe a miracle

We say all the time this is the greatest country on earth with the the best form of government and it's true. if Obama is elected the president so be it, it means he got the most votes and the system is still working.

I agree with the fact the whom ever recieves enough electoral votes is the President. I have no issues with that as it is the way our country has ran for this long why change it. Whoever is elected President will not end partisan politics. Neither side has any interest in allowing the other to gain political clout by allowing them to succeed. Obama will get his tax increases passed in the first two years and in the second two years will be dogged by the tax and spend liberal label.

The way the parties are beholden to both extremes does not allow for anyone in the middle to get traction. The middle is just a great place to get run over from either side right now.

I hold no hope that the Democrats will be any more responsible with power then the Republicans. It appears to me that they are on the revenge wagon and will take not prisoners. The days of respecting a dissenting opinion are long gone.

Nemont

"I hold no hope that the Democrats will be any more responsible with power then the Republicans. It appears to me that they are on the revenge wagon and will take not prisoners. The days of respecting a dissenting opinion are long gone."

You got that right!

You're telling me the days of respecting a dissenting opinion are long gone? now that makes me chuckle, don't forget I'm the traitor liberal America hating cowrd.

I think the partisan fighting can be toned down, they don't have to hold hands and sing, just have some respect and play like big kids. IF the republicans grow up and treat Obama and his administration in a civil mannor I think he shows the traits of someone who'll return the favor. if not, then he's within his rights as the past administration has done to beat the conservatives like a circus monkey . I'd hope he's bigger than that, but who knows.

Tax and spend Liberals? take a gander at the national debt and the budget deficit. looks to me like the conservatives have laid off the tax part but done a bang up job on the spending. who's worse those who tax and spend or those who just spend the future for the joy of the now?

I am going to guess that was directed towards me, ey.. On that note, for $600.00 you should buy a spanish dictionary because I speak fluent spanish. OOOH a little espaniol ey sucker!! Or is it african.... Either way, "Pito Pelon" can be taken several ways. If you get real technical.. Pito is an african beer. On the other hand... well, it also means whistle, and is a coffe bean, ect. It can also mean spike or needle or something that rhymes with ENNIS.. I am leaning towards ENNIS... as you are using the word PITO or PICO. Now, the word PELON... not so many meanings to it. Lets see, you have bald or baldy in espaniol, so... hows about i now call you a "yeye puta"... I can speak spanish all day ol man river! Les go!

Double double, toyle and trouble... On second thought, buy a set of cojones, the pair or lack there of, obviously aren't intact.

HD,

I was agree with you on the dissenting opinion. There is no way the partisanship will be toned down. Do you think the Democrats have any interest in toning down the us against them rhetoric? It isn't going to happen.

Obama is going to be as beholden to the leftwing of the Democrat party as GWB was to the rightwing of the Republican party. Also as much as the Republicans are not just going to fold their tents and give up.

The democrats have not special ability to live and let live or hold anymore respect for an opposing view of things that the Republicans do.

When I said the respect is long gone I wasn't saying that it just started with the Democrats but I am certain they will continue the tradition of partisanship. Also I have no faith in Obama to enforce discpline within the party nor do I see a chance that Pelosi or Reed are statesman. All are as invested in Partisan politics as the current administration is.

God forbid if this country gets attack within the first year an Obama presidency. The Democrats have given the Republicans enough rope to hang him because no blame can ever pass on to a prior administration for anything. That is the way they demanded WJC presidency be treated and that is how the republicans will demand GWB's administration be treated.

This country will not be "healed up" just because it elects a Democrat.

Nemont

I don't know what you mean by that, Bush's approval rating soared after the attack, and if you recall he was president on 9/11. if Clinton had started a war, killed 4000+ US troops, injured many thousand more,spent a trillion dollars and let the leader of the 9/11 attacks get away then we might be inclined to hold him more at fault.

We're paying a huge prices to be in Iraq with the theory that it's making us safer, if we are attacked again that will prove it didn't do the trick as promised. there is no similarity between now and when Clinton left office, we're still in an elective war. if Obama plays his cards right he can say I told you so if we're attacked.

It looks as if Iran and Al-Maliki are going to assume control of Iraq anyway so Obama may not be the one making the decision to pull US troop numbers down after all, so he may get a free pass if anything goes wrong .

There is no way he will be able to say to the American people "see I told you so" if we are attacked again.

My point is that the political poison in Washington has already been taken. Since the Democrats insist that WJC did everything perfect during his time in office and bears no responsibility for 9/11 they are not going to be able to go after GWB when the Fit hits the shan.

Whether or not you want to understand political paybacks or that you believe Obama is above such things really doesn't matter inside the beltway. The "game" is played by people who now keep score and Obama is succumb to partisanship if he gets elected. He will have to in order to appease those who voted for him.

If we are attacked again after Obama is elected and he pulls the troops out it will be a perfect time for the opposition to say, "See wasn't better when we were fighting them in Iraq?" That is a two way street. Of those two arguements which makes more sense to the American people. Remember we have amazingly short attention spans when it comes to our leaders.

Nemont

Obama may not have to pull the troops out, Iraq is telling us they want most of them out and our UN mandate expires the end of this year. my guess is Obama will use this to keep his promise to the voters and obey the law at the same time. it's a win win for him, he can say he had no choice if anything should go wrong.

I still say since the war was claimed to keep us from being attacked again if we are it will show it didn't work, and Obama can say I told you so since he was opposed to it.

On that note does it ever occur to anyone that the nation where the 9/11 terrorist came from is one of our best allies in the region? how many rich Sunni's went to Iraq where the Shiite now rule and got killed? I think about it often and I've yet to figure how Iraq changed the chances of having a similar attack one bit. what a snow job on a buch of chumps.

HD,

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but if hardly anyone in the US even can find Iraq on a map how do you expect them to figure out the differences between Shiite and Sunni Muslims?

To most Americans Hezbollah and Al Qaeda are equal and thought of as the same. Or that Saudi Arabia is Sunni and Iran is Shiite and they are rivals for power and that Iraq sits between them as a buffer. How interested is the Kingdom in have a Shiite dominated Iraq on their border? Most Americans could give a $h1t less as the view them all as ragheads.

Also you are forgetting that politics in this country is a contact sport and if we are attack again I do think that we would rally around whom ever is the President but after that it will be a free for all.

That is just my opinion.

Nemont

I agree with all of that, and I have no doubt we will be attacked again I just hope it's a poor attempt. we're a free nation with millions of people and travelers from around the world, to even think we can take 100% of the risk of another terror attack away is insane. I look at it this way, almost everything I do on a daily basis poses a bigger risk to my life than a terror attack, fear of ragheads just dosen't consume my life like some folks I guess. we need to deal with culls like Bin Laden in a strict mannor but overall it has to be kept in perspective.

How did we get this far off subject?

JIM... I had fun tuning up my spanish... as to you. Oh, do you have an alert button around your neck incase you get hurt? You know, "help i've fallen and i can't get up!". :D

Stimulate this IRS!!!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-08 AT 06:27PM (MST)[p]?Understanding Your Economic Stimulus Payment?

?Based on your filing status the amount of the stimulus payment is $1200.00?

?You are entitled to an economic stimulus payment of $322.60?

Got this letter from the IRS today. Feels just like an ?UNSUCCESSFUL? notice from the DWR.

If the Bushies really wanted to stimulate me they could just cancel the $4022.00 quarterly estimated tax payment I just sent them.

WAFJ !!!!

RUS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom