61, 71 bull

archeryjh

I see the bull rifle tags coincide with rifle deer hunts? Anyone have any first hand experience with deer hunters getting in elk hunters way or vice versa?

I’ve hunted in 61 since around 1978. Deer (big bucks) were abundant back then. Hunted elk there a few years ago and some nice bulls were everywhere. Deer are not like they were,and neither deer or elk hunters seemed to bother each other. Get off the roads and they are still there.I have seen more bucks during the combined seasons,probably due to more hunters in the field.
My Elk hunt in 61 was 1st Elk,no deer hunters. I passed on 17 decent bulls looking for a monster,but to no avail..but I did nail a 34” buck and had a oldfriend hammered one that was 41” back in the early 80’s.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I was in those units last Sept during Cow Elk and Muzzleloader deer. Where I saw elk most of the time, I didn't see deer. Where I saw higher numbers of deer, I didn't see elk.

Of course, I know someone that got a good deer with Muzzleloader in nearly the same area as they got their cow elk up here.

QUESTION..............AT MY AGE I WOULD NEED AN OUTFITTER IF I WERE TO DRAW 61/71 BULL. I HAVE 16 POINTS AND CANT WAIT FOR ANOTHER UNIT DUE TO AGE. CAN YOU FELLAS RECOMMEND A OUTFITTER OR TWO IN THAT UNIT ????? I JUST MIGHT DRAW THAT BULL HUNT, THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE/TIME.................YD.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom