62 First Rifle Elk

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
Anyone willing to offer any insight to this hunt? My friend is trying to get me to go with him next year. He's been archery hunting it with decent success, but I have way more points than needed for this area but am considering burning them and going with him. I'm not after a trophy, just a good time.

I just can't seem to get myself excited about it. I don't know if its because what I've read about the unit, the fact that I'm burning my points, or if it's because I'd rather be chasing muleys.

Heck, does anyone even have any pictures of the area? I've never been to that part of the state; Gunnison is the closest I've been to the unit.

Same thought as muleycrazy way to many people to blow points on .elk are still there if you dont mind the people !! most hunted unit in the state!!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-13 AT 08:33PM (MST)[p] but every once in a while you get one like this. this was taken in 62 last day of 4 season 2013.

WOW, that is a heck of a bull for 62. Congrats to you COelk ! I'm assuming you live near the unit ? I didn't think guys had enough snow during 4th to track bulls down like that. That's a heck of a bull for even unit 61.

>WOW, that is a heck of
>a bull for 62. Congrats
>to you COelk ! I'm
>assuming you live near the
>unit ? I didn't
>think guys had enough snow
>during 4th to track bulls
>down like that. That's a
>heck of a bull for
>even unit 61.

Yes i live in the unit this bull was in a canyon down in the cedars.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom