65 moose

fuzzyvelvet

Well if the backdoor method is accurate I have drawn a unit 65 moose tag. Looks like its only the 2nd year they have had the hunt so I doubt any of you have hunted it (but if you were the sole tag holder last year please contact me) but any general info on the unit and the moose there would be greatly appreciated.

Extremely low population in 65, and very scattered. Most of the moose are from the little cimaron drainage, east to the 66 boundary. Most are on private at that. My advice is to scout heavily in July and find some public bulls. Keep an eye on the calendar to be prepared to give the tag back. I'm not trying to sound negative, just realistic. I live in this unit and wouldn't want this tag. That being said, there are some bulls that pass through that are absolute giants. There was a 50 incher that spent most of the spring right outside of Montrose. Last time he was seen was in 62 headed toward divide road. That's another issue, they wander so much, they could be anywhere. Good luck, hope you find a beast.

During 2nd rifle season last year I saw 2 big bulls up above Silver Jack. I saw them two days in a row feeding along the river. Good luck on your hunt.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom