68 Antelope

K

KILLBUX

Anyone have any info they're willing to share regarding unit 68 antelope? Dad and I drew tags there for the first time this year. Are there any decent places to camp? Are there a mass of people on opening week? I'm looking for general info; however, if anyone wanted to let us know where a booner was, I wouldn't plug my ears!

Thanks.

there are goats all over this area, I've not seen any booners but there are a lot of regular ol antelope. green mountian has some nice camping areas and there are several goats around the base of it. really not much to this hunt, lots of goats lots of public. I don't think people are a big issue regardless of which part of the season, and the antelope are still there at the end of season to. I don't see any advantage of opening day versus the last day.

I Agree !
I was on the north side of Green Mountain two years ago and the lopes were every where.Thought of a couple of doe tags for there myself someday.

Here is a couple of bucks that were running around area 68 after hunting season last year...

1348goats_2010_058.jpg

1177deer_2010_238.jpg

Chadderbox, was that bottom buck up near Beaver Rim in the NW part of the unit? I saw a buck up there that looked just like this one. Very big in the body and wide like the one in the pic.

What does anyone think the buck in the upper picture will score? No outstanding features - but he is sure well rounded!

Nice goat, but I would guess in the mid 70s at best and maybe a little lower because, as you said, he has no outstanding features.

That does sound like the same goat jcford... I thought he was a cool looking buck... That top buck I accidentally loaded, he actually spent most his time in area 74 and some in 68... Someone actually got him... I passed him up several times with my bow, because he was hard to judge!!! I will load up some other photo's when I get on my personal computer...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom