6A Elk (Late Hunt)

Wildcat44

I've been drawn for the late elk hunt in 6A, but have never hunted the unit before. I am somewhat familiar with the area and plan on spending a good part of the summer and fall learning my way around.

I have access to a place in Pine/Strawberry - will there be good elk hunting in the southeast corner of the unit during the late hunt, or should I be up farther north?

Any other suggestions on where I should focus my efforts?

Thanks, I appreciate all advice!!

Congrats on the tag. The late hunt can be fun but can be tough if you are looking for a trophy Elk. Lots of people but there are lots of Elk as well. The late hunt is really Weather dependent. I have been in there and there has been 3 feet of snow on the ground and -0 degree temps and other years it has been in the 40's. If the weather is warm I would hunt farther North, if it is cold father south. 6A has elk all ove rthe place. There will be elk in the South East part of unit as well regardless of the weather though.

Good Luck, Please post pictures of your scouting this summer.

John

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-13 AT 09:48PM (MST)[p]Thanks John, I'll definitely post some trailcam pics if anything interesting shows up. Not particularly concerned about a trophy.

I appreciate the advice!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom