6a Success

HuntnProf

After waiting for 6 years, my wife drew her 1st X tag....an X6a tag (she started hunting 6 yrs ago). She had a goal of getting a 4x4 (her 1st was a fork, 2nd was a 3x, so she set a 4x as a goal this year). With the Walker fire closure, there was more pressure where we had scouted in August. Deer were very scare in the area we decided to focus on (at least compared to August). I hunted it in 2011 and saw many more deer compared to this year.

On Friday afternoon we hiked 45 minutes to get to a ridge on which she had an opportunity opening day (lost too much light and didn't have clean shot). As the sun was setting and saddle we were overlooking was in shadow, this guy stepped out ~180 yds away. This time she had plenty of light, a broadside 4x4, and she took care of business with a well placed Barnes Vortex TTSX out of her 6.5 CM. Proud of her!

829968cd7798d93f6441292994ba086fcb17c.jpeg

16234a9280273de1d44fe9350eb17142794e2.jpeg

Nice story of you and your wife's hunt.
Congratulations to both of you on a great hunt and a nice 4x4 buck

Great buck! Congrats. I drew 6A this year also.. hunted it in archery in the past and saw many more and much better quality bucks. But this year has been tough to find a decent shooter. I think the zone is on the downhill unfortunately.. hunted last Thursday , saw 5 deer total and 7 bears.. I think this is much of the problem.

I've seen bucks killed by a couple for friends so far this year, some of the biggest A6 bucks I've ever seen killed.

Best was 29 1/2?, heavy, high 5x6 that the hunter says will go mid 190s. Based on the photo, I believe him.

Maybe the numbers are down but I don't know since I haven't spent much time up there the last few years.

But this last winter/spring was prime for horn growth and that's shown in the quality of bucks killed.

I'll have the points to draw in 2020. Will depend upon if it conflicts with another hunt.

PS: Congratulations to the hunter, great job!!!

Congrats to her on her first 4x, and to the guide, nice buck!.. got a buddy with the tag this year, his limited time has produced more bears than deer....
Mike

Congrats to your lady!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom