6a

I have a friend that was in 6a two weekends ago cow hunting with his son(who taged out)they said the only way they found the cows was following the bugles and the bugles were comeing from big bulls 6x6's + he said they were shooters to bad i'm hunting unit 23 but i have heard there are some big bulls up there also,i realy liked hearing they were still bugleing,also had another friend last weekend up there and they were still singing,so i just need that to happen for a couple days,

Nerfs,
Let me know how you do up there. I leave in two weeks for late rifle in that unit. I have not heard much out of there and it will be interesting to get some info. Good luck to you on the muzzy hunt.

KW

i'll be up there on the 16th for the muzzleloader season. been up there scouting a lot and have loacted quite a few good bulls. nothing huge but some good 340-350ish bulls that are not broken. lots and lots and lots of glassing. do you ahve the same tag? good luck to ya

was up there a couple more days this weekend and found the bulls really bunched up and the cows as well. was in the lower elevations and glassed up elk in the open before first light. they all headed to think timber before the sun came up and used the same trails in the mornings and evenings. best of luck to ya.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-07 AT 07:24AM (MST)[p]dad ended up killing a 300 bull opening morning at 7:25. i glassed the bull up moving from the flats to the thicker cedars and we had to move quick before we lost him. ended up shooting up at 178 yards with his muzzle loader, 30 yard recovery. there was a bigger bull on the hill, but dad was really happy with this one.
elkhunt009.jpg

Thats a long shot with a muzzy! 30 yards though, nicely done. Great looking bull. Thanks for the pics. From the sounds of it, I assume you were hunting the Southern part of the unit?

yea he center punched him, found the bullet on the back side skin. yea we were hunting further south than most. i had been scouting the area quite a bit and saw this bull everytime i went out. he was with a few others and one that was quite a bit bigger (340ish). dad was pretty dang happy!!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom