7 rem mag load for deer & antelope

gdog

Looking for suggestions on a good powder/bullet combo for deer & elk 7 rem mag.

Haven't reloaded for this yet and need a load for my WY antelope hunt in the fall.

Thanks!

My Tikka T3 loves a 160gr Speer spitzer over 66gr of 7828. Some manuals call this max or a little beyond. I see no sign of pressure in the Tikka though. Let common sense be your guide.

I played with this last year for deer and antelope as well. I settled on the 110gr Barnes and IMR 4350.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I've loaded 160 grain Speer Grand Slams over 62 grains of IMR4831 in my Steyr Mannlicher for years. The complaint dept is quiet since they're all dead.

Seems that 160 gr bullets are the most popular in the 7. I was leaning toward the Acuubonds. Interested in trying the LR Accubonds when they come out.

I may try those for my 300 rum as well.

Hard to beat the 160 gr Partition for elk, it would do great on deer too if you wanted .

For pronghorn I'd load a 140 or 150 Balitic Tip, they're fine for smaller game and shoot great. at longer ranges a 150 balistic tip is great for deer. no so much for closer shots if you expect them.

Stay thirsty my friends

The 160 AB and RL-22 is my plan for my new 7mm Sendero. Seems to be a good recipe with an awesome track record.

>Or just load the 160 Accubond
>and kill everything with one
>bullet. mtmuley

Sounds like a plan, although I won't be using this for elk...thats what my 300 rum is for.

I've also agreed that the heavier bullet is
great for the old classic.

My buddy David, this last year, shot a
Bighorn sheep, a great elk, and an antlope...

all with 160 grain Partitions.

It worked.

I'm a 140'er for the .280

But 160, is the 7mag weight....

H4831 and Barnes 140 TTSX for me. I shot 160 partitions for years but wanted a flat shooting deer load. The tipped TSX's shoot well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom