70,71,72 antelope???? Casper

Hardway

Very Active Member
Looking for a first time antelope hunt. Mainly a first time out of state trip for the family since my wife has never been. Planning on doin the hotel deal in casper and hunting from there. Looks like these 3 units can be drawn without points.Which unit has the best public land? I was thinking maybe hunting the end of the season and adding a region E deer tag....Am I crazy? Are there any deer or access in 88 or 97 ???? Its mainly an antelope trip, but if theres an option to do some deer hunting I would like to. Any help on genral areas and local info would be great....Thanks, Ryan

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Don't know anything about those units but we hunted on the north side of highway there two months ago for Lopes and Deer.

Do you have any points accumulated yet?

Brian

A friend and his wife had 72 tags last year. They both took nice antelope bucks.

Kilo, no points for antelope. Mainly just looking to get outa town with the family for a week and see some country. I've never chased antelope so I'm just looking for a place to go.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Hardway- Your first phone call should be to WY Game and Fish. They will point you in the right direction as far as finding a place to hunt. There are tons of ranchers who'd love for you guys to come out and take some goats of their property. You'll need to pay a small trespass fee (maybe) and give the rancher the carcass coupon. It's a really good situation. Hunting goats can be a blast. It's not as easy as you may think or as some may say. Good luck!

Steve

Wiz, I did that a couple years ago when we talked about it the last time. I still have the list but everyone else I've talked to said dont waste the money...they also wont tell me where to go :) That may be the route I take but hopefully I can find a decent public spot....Thanks

Drop me an email and I will send you some info that will help you out, I am in a hurry as we are leaving now for dinner and party. I will get back with you tomorrow on some ideas and locations that might work for you.

Brian

Sounds great brian. I'll send you a pm.

I hunted 71 a few years ago on private land, lots of goats but very little public land. Private land is the way to go if you can gain access.
7 Mag

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom