71/711 3rd season

hunter

I have a 3rd season tag for 71/711 and have never been to the unit before, I did hunt unit 70 a couple of years ago and had a good time, but I have talked to a few people that have hunted 71/711 the last cpouple of years and they all had pretty poor luck on their hunts so I am not to sure what to expect. Maybe they were just in the wrong areas? Has any body hunted these units that is willing to share some areas to start looking for a decent buck?? Thanks for the help.

Do your homework! That area rocks!! especially 3rd! So does 70 of coarse, but mostly private for the good stuff. May be able to pay for a tresspass hunt. Call outfitter - Co Hunt Expeditions. Thats where most of their land is. you dont have to book a hunt. may be able to just diy on a piece they have. coloradohunting.com Happy Huntin!!

I hunt that area for elk every year during the 3rd. Generally by the 3rd the deer are down in 711. When we hunt that lower area I usually see deer every year. Like every place else, get out of the truck and spend all day in the field and you should be able to fill your tag.

I will check into CHE to see what they charge but after buying a land owner tag I do not see that working. I will have to hunt the public ground.
I will be there for the whole hunt and would hate to see it end to early, But the biggest buck I have taken was about 162" so If I get lucky enough to top that I will be very happy.
I think I will be going alone so I will be out all day. I think I will camp along the north border by disapointment creek and move around from there and maybe just sleep in the truck a few nights untill I find some deer. The deer have to be some where I will see if I have what it takes to find them. Thanks again.

Thats the same unit as deloris canyon right? i hunted elk there 6-7 years ago. saw some deer up high and a great buck. saw lots of deer down lower on the ranches.

Yes, that canyon runs along the west end of 711. I would like to get above some of the private groung and see if I can catch them moving back to bed. I would bet most of the other hunters will have the same idea? If there is to much pressure there I will try to find some deer with fewer people hunting them. I would like to make it untill the last 4 days when most people have left, but we will see how things goes.

I seen the biggest buck of my life last year in 711 but i had a 72-73 tag. I will be up there for 3rd season elk at the same time as you i can meet up with you and show you the canyon i saw him and 3 other 4x4 in. PM me your info.

My drinking buddies have a hunting problem

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom