71 third season

utah450

Should have a third season tag in 71 this year. Anyone care to recommend any general starting points. Basically, any info would be appreciated. I would like to learn some of the area before the hunt, so help with some generalities, please.

Looks like I got the tag. Thought that I would bump it from the second page and see if anyone cared to offer some advice.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-09 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]I assume you are talking deer since the 3rd season is OTC for elk? All I can say is that in the areas I hunt (near Groundhog), they pretty much move to private ground by then. Not sure about other areas

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I

I have never hunted there but I have local friends that do. I do own a small piece of propety up there and am heading up tomorrow to do some fishing. Every summer I see a lot of deer in the high country at and around Groundhog, but it's all private property. I was up there last year fishing the day before and during opening day of archery season. Funny thing is deer were everywhere on and around our property the day before the season but they all pretty much were hiding opening day. Lots of hunters driving around the private property even chasing them on private land. Go figure. Either way, the national forest area west of the private land west of Groundhog looks like good area but it's still pretty high. By the time third season rolls around I would try there if I had a tag. If it's warmer just hunt the high country in the national forest east of Groundhog all the way to the 145. It looks like great deer country. Good luck.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom