73A or 77 Deer

katorade

I'm looking at these units for rifle Deer, and was wondering out of the 2 which one would you rather have a tag for, there over the counter so you can hunt both but want to focus on one. I'm not really sure what to expect on size of deer but just looking for reccomendations.

Thanks;

73A has been hit really really hard the last ten years and the number of deer show it. You could get a good buck but it will not be easy. just my 2 WRT

They both have the potential at finding a decent buck. Both units have a ton of access, 77 borders 78 which is a draw tag but it is usually packed like any other OTC hunt in southern Idaho. 73A can produce good bucks but finding one of them is another story, lots of deep timber, private land, roads, pressure, etc. The best advice I can give you is to go and start scouting the areas, pick the place that you think will yield the best opportunity at an older buck and pound the hell out of it.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom