75/751 4th season

NYM_1

Well we took the chance and drew this tag. I've been scouring maps, google earth and talking to anyone who might know anything about this unit. Everything I read says the deer will be migrated out of the natl forest by mid november and that my best bet would be to stick around the blm west of bayfield. Is this true or could I still get on some good bucks further north. I will be heading down a the sunday before the hunt and this is the only scouting I will be able to get in. I live in northern Utah and between Kids sports and work just can't make down any earlier.

We hunted 3rd season about 3 years ago and that is probably your best bet. We went up into the National Forrest and didn't find any sign and ended up low by Bayfield. Lots of private and Indian ground so know where your at and good luck.

The deer migrate south into Bayfield/ Ute reservation area then on down into New Mexico. RIO Arriba county in NM has top B&C heads. Hunt the lower country! Especially on 4th season. We saw several nice bucks north of Bayfield. We were camping this summer up along the river and around vallecito lake.

I live in the Bayfield area, and have hunted most everywhere in 75 and 751. The deer usually migrate to the lower country that time of the year. You can still find some big bucks up higer if the snow insent too deep. I will be glad to point you in the right direction and show you some of my honey holes.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom