7mmRem. Mag. Long action or short???

M

monsterbuck89

I am planning on buying a 7mm but can not decide on long action or short. I haven't seen any differences in the numbers. Any suggestions.

Brendon

The numbers are real close. The theoretical advantage to the short mag is that the rifle will be lighter and the action will be stiffer, potentially resulting in better accuracy. Really you are splitting hairs. The advantage for the short comes in its ease of handling. The advantage to the long is the wide availability of ammo.

The only thing you might get with the short mag is another inch of barrel. But they usually only sell the short mag in a 24 inch barrel. You can get the regular on in a 26 in barrel. It just depends on what you want. Either of them will shoot exelent. Just for input put a ballistic plex scope on it it helps more than you can imagine.

7mm Rem Mag vs. 7mm WSM vs. 7mm Rem SAUM ?
If you handload, I'd choose the 7 WSM as Winchester/Browning/Savage offers more magazine length in their short actions than Remington does for the saum. This affects bullet seating depth and how much powder you might load, especially with 160 grainers.
If you only use factory ammo, I'd choose the regular 7mm Rem mag, as there is a much greater choice of bullets/loadings and greater availability. I also question how long the 7mm short mags will be offered.
Check out www.shortmags.org

Doug/RedRabbit

>7mm Rem Mag vs. 7mm WSM
> vs. 7mm Rem SAUM
>?
> If you handload, I'd choose
>the 7 WSM as Winchester/Browning/Savage
>offers more magazine length in
>their short actions than Remington
>does for the saum.
>This affects bullet seating depth
>and how much powder you
>might load, especially with 160
>grainers.
> If you only use
>factory ammo, I'd choose the
>regular 7mm Rem mag, as
>there is a much greater
>choice of bullets/loadings and greater
>availability. I also
>question how long the 7mm
>short mags will be offered.
>
> Check out www.shortmags.org
>
>Doug/RedRabbit

Red' i have the win coyote & WSM, what do you mean by "I also question how long the 7mm short mags will be offered". Thanks....Manny15.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom