8 Utah points

doeseedoe

OK I know my chances are about as good as a snowball in hell. I am 62 years young and in pretty good shape, but I can not wait to get enough points to get a premium hunt. What unit would be best to try to draw a tag for rifle. I don't need a monster just a decent bull. 300+. I have hunted elk a lot and killed more than 20, but never in Utah. When I started putting in I thought I could draw before I was too old to cut the mustard. Now I realize that the points don't come as fast as the years, Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sam

I would look into a CWMU perhaps. A lot of good CWMU's with decent draw odds that would offer you a decent bull. I would check out the DWR's website and look at the specific draw odds for each unit and then contact the CWMU operators and get as much information from them as you can. Stay away from Oak Creek. The draw odds on this unit are good for a reason. It is a VERY difficult hunt with VERY few elk and VERY few "mature" bulls. The DWR wants to just turn it into a general season unit. The Cache units have decent draw odds along with Diamond Mountian and Oquirrh-Stansbury. You could also check out Pilot Mountain and Grouse Creek. Get a ahold of MsDestiny if you want some info on Grouse Creek. Another option may be a late hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-09 AT 09:22AM (MST)[p]Any unit in Utah will fill that need. Units which might give a better chance at drawing would be North Cache Early, LaSal Late, Manti Late. (I assume you are a Non-Resident)

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

I thought only residents could put in for the drawing CWMU tags?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom