86 Hoback Pronghorn

UGAhunter

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-14 AT 08:59AM (MST)[p]I drew a unit 86 Pronghorn tag this year. I probably should have withdrawn my app after drawing my ID Moose tag, but I didn't. :) :( I hunted deer in the area with my brother a few years ago and saw some nice antelope. Any info on hunting speed goats in this unit would be appreciated.

Make sure you hunt them earlier in the season. I had the tag in 07 & waited until late October to go. All the antelope had migrated over the Rim and were gone to their wintering areas. Hunted 2 days without seeing a single one. Have seen lots of goats in Noble Basin in September.

Thanks for confirming what I thought happens over there, it is pretty high country. I'm planning on going over the first week to get er done.

Any chance you guys could use PM's? As someone who spent considerable time, money and effort to figure out a spot it is dissapointing to see the spot you found through those efforts posted for the whole world to see.

B

>Any chance you guys could use
>PM's? As someone who
>spent considerable time, money and
>effort to figure out a
>spot it is dissapointing to
>see the spot you found
>through those efforts posted for
>the whole world to see.

That is something that happens on the net and not much you can do about it. It really would be great if everything like that could be kept to PMs and emails, but it aint gonna happen! If you look at your post, you actually just did what you don't want done in that you've just apparently confirmed to the world that it may be a great place to go if you have the tag. Just sayin!Good luck to you both!!!

I am well aware of the ramifications TG. I would never post specific details about spots I know of, even if I don't hunt them. Because I know somebody out there does care, and I don't want to screw over a fellow hunter. Not everybody feels that way, I get it.

Easy. I think everyone understands what the point is your trying to make. I apologize, I should have said PM your hard earned honey holes so I can go kill an 80" buck opening morning without any scouting. :) Comments on a public hunting forum for me only constitute a tiny tiny fraction of the information I gather before a hunt. This is probably true of most people.

So anyways...Banger (and anyone else) please PM me your favorite antelope honey holes in unit 86, I'm looking for a booner! :D ;-) :)

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom