8MM

Which 8mm are you reffering to old organ. There's several to choose from: 8mm Mauser, 8mm lebel, 8mm rem mag. There are over 50 different 8mm chamberings to choose from. Need more info.

This is a good cartridge. .323 diameter, powerwise similar to a 30-06. It pushes 200 grain bullets at appx. 2,500fps. If you handload it is pretty versatile, options are mainly between 150-220 grain bullets. It is an old german military cartridge. Do you have one or thinking of getting one?

I am thin ing of getting a russian(battle of stalingrad) capture Karbine 98 M48. I have a friend who already has one, and it is great for all types of big game. Pretty acurate out to about 350-400 yards, then it starts to rainbow, just like any other round, but a good round nonetheless. I think he said his gun liked fedaral ammo the best, but the only problem is that it wont feed snub nosed bullets well.

What else do you want to know? It's a decent but often overlooked cartridge. If that's what you want get it. I would probably have any military surplus rifle checked out, including the headspacing. Especially if you're going to do any handloading for it. Factory ammo is pretty mild.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-04 AT 11:20PM (MST)[p]Thanks Mr.baitnfish, I'm just looking for little tidbits. Like performance on deer and elk, accuracy ect. Thanks for the info.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom