8yr old boy pepper sprayed

What do you think?

Thank you for voting!
Yes, using pepper spray on an 8-year-old is ridiculous. 14.42% (1,082 votes)

No, the officers were doing what was necessary. The kid had a weapon. 85.58% (6,421 votes)

Total Votes: 7,503
Return To PollShare This

Hell, they should have tasered the little chit disturber.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

chucky.jpg

Yep, should have Tazed the little chit..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

................and then that dumbazz mother of his!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

They should have sprayed (spayed) the mom, not the kid.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Must be something in the air, had a 6 year old look me dead in the eye when I asked him to walk down to the office and say "f you I will f ing kill you." He then proceeded to kick, scratch, spit, attempt to headbutt and bite me. Took him 20 minutes of being held down on the floor before he finally calmed enough to be let go. About 3 weeks ago he kicked the DARE officer in the face also.

Still has me shaking my head as to how a kid that age speaks to an adult that way. He is going to have a very hard life ahead of him.

well first off- no , the police were not in the wrong- good for them! serves the little chit right.
BUT( just to look at another side/angle of the situation)

I can just picture a group of cops standing 20 ft away, with pepper spray guns ready to shoot- wasn't there SOMEBODY with the balls to walk right up to the kid with a stick and take it away from him, hold him over his knee and use that stick to spank the ##### out of him? -- obviously i see why they cant spank him in todays world, but have you ever meet an 8 yr old kid that you wouldn't just walk over and take the stick, grab him by the coller, and deal with the situation?
i dont care who "the 8 yr old" is, i wouldn't need pepper spray, tazer, or firearm, to fix the situation.( unless the punk had a gun)

again- dont get me wrong- i dont think they used extra force, hell they should have used more!
But why wouldn't you just walk up and grab him by the back of his head and let him know that an adult could whoop his ass at any point in time?

As I've said many times!

As mad as We get at the PUNK-ASS kid!

The Parents ought to have their f'n Asses kicked!

As I've also said many times:

What's the next few generations gonna be like?

Kinda like this kid mentioned above,what's his kids gonna be like?

GEEZUS!

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

It's simple. The hand that rocks the cradle moves the world. For better or for worse that is what steers society in a nutshell.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

So now some of you are starting to get the picture of what teachers have to put up with now days. Just so you know, I am a teacher. There are still many wonderful kids, at least in my experience. Most of these kids come from ranch/farm homes, or at least homes that put expectations on their kids. These kids grow up with chores to do, and responsibilities. However, we have some kids that are totally out of control, and we can't touch them. If they start tearing up the room, we are instructed to take the rest of the students and leave. Let the kid tear things up. We can write them a "referral" and if serious enough we can call the police. The liberal wimpy judges just send them right back with very little or no consequence. I am now teaching the kids of students I had years ago. Back in the "old days" I could kick their butt, call their parents, and they would get their butt kicked again when they got home. Those were the kids that I could usually develop a special bond with. I have even taken some of them on hunting trips and camp outs. Wouldn't dare try that today! Life is just plain too easy for kids. Parents want to give them a better life. They end up giving the kids everything but their time, and the kids end up not knowing what it is like to earn anything. So before you blame schools and teachers for all that is going wrong in society, some of you need to look in the mirror. I truly believe our society started going down hill when Moms left the house and went to work. Teachers are being blamed and held accountable for lack of student progress, but we, the teachers, have no control over where control really should originate, in the home.

imo after he was pepper sprayed the cop should have taken his belt off and whipped the crappola out of the kid

I'm with buck on this one. I firlmy believe its the parenting, or lack of, that causes kids like this. Just the way the mother talks about having the cops called 3 times before and she was able to talk him down but they didn't give her the chance to. There never should have been a first time for the cops being called! We've gone way to far to the sensitive side, so fearful that someone will think we're bad people for disciplining our children, that we end up with kids like this little punk. My kids are the same age and none of them curse let alone threaten people.

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

Bar of soap and a leather belt is in order for this CHILD. Then a boot in the arse and a shot into the face with their own pepper spray to the police who sprayed the CHILD. I believe in disipline but pepper spraying a child is outta line in my eyes, a young teenager maybe. There are other means.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-11 AT 08:40PM (MST)[p]While this is a horrible situation it isn't the wost I have heard of. Friend of ours in Alaska is a substitute teacher and while she was doing her student teaching at a school on the military installation next to where I was stationed at, she found out that one of the kids in here classroom had been charged with assualt and battery, not only that but this little bastard was also a registered sex offender. He had attempted to rape a 6-7 year old neighbor girl and strangle her, the school wasn't going to let her know this until she asked which kid it was and they finally told her. What worries me the most about the situation is this kid is like 10-12 years old, where in the hell is he learning this at; I hate to think that his Dad is coming home from his deployments and he is seeing his Dad do this to his Mom. I think that more should have been done at the Fathers commander level, something is wrong and you need to find out what stinks. Our friend the teacher said all she could do was evacuate the classroom and notify the staff, personally I would have a rotating shift of MP's at the school no more than 100 ft away from the Ted Bundy wanna-be at all times. But the bleeding hearts say he is just a child of a broken home due to the war, what a crock of BS. He needs to have his butt blistered on a regular basis, even more when he actually deserves it.
WVBOWAK

I agree with you tailchaser we are talking about a kid. What about some serious counsling? I mean for crying out loud the kid is 8 years old. On the other hand Lakewood??? "Columbine High" Lest we forget.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

>Bar of soap and a leather
>belt is in order for
>this CHILD. Then a boot
>in the arse and a
>shot into the face with
>their own pepper spray to
>the police who sprayed the
>CHILD. I believe in disipline
>but pepper spraying a child
>is outta line in my
>eyes, a young teenager maybe.
>There are other means...................

And those would be what, exactly, under the circumstances?

Bar of soap and a leather belt will land your azz in jail and end your hunting career in an instant!

Might have been your kid that this little turdball used that stick on.....poked out an eye, or who knows what.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

So slick & tailchaser?

You don't think both the kid & the Parents need their f'n Asses kicked?

Counseling my ASS!

It's a little late!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-11 AT 09:59PM (MST)[p]Let me describe where these kids are coming from. On Monday mornings I usually let the kids share a little week-end update of things they did for a few minutes. I'm a special ed teacher and have quite small classes. When I asked the kids to share, one little girl broke down crying, said she visited her mom over the weekend, her mom was drinking again and she passed out. She said, "I hate it when she drinks!. The next kid said,"my two little sisters are being sent to an institution this week. They hit the elementary counselor in the face." The next kid shared that she didn't get any sleep. Her parents had fought the whole week-end and were getting a divorce. The last one to share stated that they had gone to Ogden and the adults were having a party and doing something downstairs. He didn't know what they were doing, but none of the kids were allowed to go down there. This was just one of my classes, and we wonder why kids can't learn in school. Then teachers are told if test scores don't improve we will be fired.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-11 AT 01:48AM (MST)[p]

That 6 year old was a danger to others and to himself and had to be subdued quickly but effectively. The use of pepper spray probably averted a more dangerous situation for all
concerned. I shudder to think what if my child was present in that classroom when this 6
year old lost control of all his senses. IMO the police where both measured and professional
in their response.

Eldorado

Perfect!!! That little fella has wasted tax payers money on three seperate occasions now. The police have better things to do then to dicsipline some wingnut mothers kid. We will be hearing about this little chit on the news again when he's old enough to get a hold of a gun!!!

"When he's old enough to get hold of a Gun"?

How young is that?

I'll bet the Parents are some real Dandies!

spare the rod .spoil the child.........this is why i would never have kids........if you can't discipline them why should they behave? IMHO THIS IS WHY WE HAVE SO MANY ADD AND ACHD KIDS ! i wasn't spared the belt and I AM GLAD ! there are so many younger guys i work with with zero discipline, common sense, spoiled beyond recognition. and after getting to know these guys they were all pampered when they were kids.and their kids OMG !!!

and i am sorry if a group of cops can't subdue a 60 lb. 8 year old that is well beyond pathetic.. a stick ? come on they can't disarm a 1/4 grown man that has a stick ? the kid is out of control and should get immediate help.

He was a danger to the teachers, other kids in school and the cops. I watched him get interviewed and he was mad and wanted to stick someone. 8 or not I think it was the safest way to handle the situation.
And I agree his parents need some serioys talking to.

respect my authorita

I find it odd the Mother sits their calmly talking about the fact that the school has already had to call the Cops on her son twice before and that they treated him like a common criminal..... My first question is why are you not still swatting his @#$ at this very moment????? she wishes they would have tried talking him out of the situation again??? let me guess, thats her technique at home as well? Obviously thats working out very well for her..... My apologies, had to rant.....

>I find it odd the Mother
>sits their calmly talking about
>the fact that the school
>has already had to call
>the Cops on her son
>twice before and that they
>treated him like a common
>criminal..... My first question is
>why are you not still
>swatting his @#$ at this
>very moment????? she wishes they
>would have tried talking him
>out of the situation again???
>let me guess, thats her
>technique at home as well?
>Obviously thats working out very
>well for her..... My apologies,
>had to rant.....

THE SIMPLE ANSWER: Cause now she's gonna sue the police and play it off like he's a good boy..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

+1 bucklover... It's not our fault as teachers. It comes deeper than that. I teach in a village of 70 people in Rural AK. I have behavioral issues that you wouldn't believe. But come to realize, these issues are starting at home and without the support of parents teachers can only do so much for a misbehaving student before they just have to send um home.
Just this year, my students have dealt with 2 accidental, alcohol related deaths, 2 attempt suicides, troopers and child card agencies coming to check on their homes, staying up past 2 a.m. every night due to family drinking parties and some other in home related issues.
I have come up with a management plan that works well for me in which I don't send kids home anymore unless its a very drastic circumstance. We have detention every night and everyday at noon, just trying to get these kids to take responsibility for their actions. My class is only 11 students from 4th to 12th grade.

My point is, teachers can only do so much. If a student doesn't want to learn, your best option is to separate him from the rest of the students. This little boy should have been separated from this class after the first police incident. He should be home schooled by his mother.
Excessive, by using pepper spray, no. But I think I could have gotten a piece of trim away from an 8 year old before that, but who knows the circumstances the cops faced.
"Like a midget at the urinal, always be on your toes!"
www.Anacondatreasure.com
www.rwmurals.com
http://www.themontanagallery.com/

Its simple biology.
Momma elk and daddy elk have a baby elk.
Momma deer and daddy deer have twin baby deer.
Momma Mt loins and daddy Mt lions have lots of baby MT lions.
A momma idiot and a daddy idiot? They have baby idiots.

Counseling? Really? LOL
The poster who wants to spray the cops? Fella we've all had it done.
It will sure take most of the tough out of you for a while, but it really isn't that bad.

From the start cops are taught you meet force with force plus one . Some one wants to fist fight , a cop uses a tazer or baton or o.c. spray .

Could they have taken the stick ? Probably , but I guarantee that little turd is going to remember the burn of that o.c. spray , and with any luck maybe it taught him some thing and the next time a adult tells him some thing he will listen .

I have my doubts though , and sad to say but I think that kid is a lost cause . He is being rewarded for bad behavior with all this attention , and I see him doing some thing even more stupid when craves more attention .

The kid needs his back side turned red from that piece of work mother of his , or he is on a short track to losing every thing in life .

He may well remember the burn of the spray, but, I'm guessing he will wear that remberance like a badge of honor, not unlike young gang members.

They shoulda' sprayed the mom too.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

They did the right thing. Just wait till he gets in High School. We'll see him on the 6 o clock news for a school shooting.

You arm chair quarterbacks that rant about the kid being sprayed frost my butt. You have not got the common sense to know that was the most humane way to gain control of that homicidal deranged kid.

What if the cop tried to grab the kid's sharp stick and the kid made a move that ended up with him falling on the sharpen stick, or the officer got stuck in the arm while trying to grab the stick away from the kid. What would you be saying then? You would be ranting and raving that the officer should have used O.C. spray and no one would have been injured.

Go back to your couch and watch the sports channel, about all you are good for anyway.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-11 AT 08:00PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-11 AT 07:58?PM (MST)

ok relh i agree lets make a law so we can ALL shoot brats in the face with pepper spray. sell it at wally world call it a.d.d. adjustment spray. and sorry dude those cops were total pu**ies. i would have took the stick without any incident at all. these guys probably got the same training the guy in texas got for tazering the 72 year old granny. dont have to be an " arm chair qb' just have common sense and some balls which the cops lacked..........

Gee! it is nice to know that you are such a tough guy that you could take the stick away without getting poked. what do you plan to do, break the kids arm while doing it, or just slap him silly?

Next time we should notify the police to call you and let you handle it like a man should.

RELH

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-11
>AT 08:00?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-11
>AT 07:58?PM (MST)

>
>ok relh i agree lets make
>a law so we can
>ALL shoot brats in the
>face with pepper spray. sell
>it at wally world call
>it a.d.d. adjustment spray. and
>sorry dude those cops were
>total pu**ies. i would have
>took the stick without any
>incident at all. these guys
>probably got the same training
>the guy in texas got
>for tazering the 72 year
>old granny. dont have to
>be an " arm chair
>qb' just have common sense
>and some balls which the
>cops lacked..........

bevis I have a question for you since you seem to be a expert on what it takes to have balls . What if you read in the news that the " cops or cop " involved was a 110 pound , female school rescource or DARE officer ? From what I remember the report said the 8 year old , future statistic , was 80 some thing pounds .

So your still thinking gettin in a tug of war match with this kid and a stick is a good idea , and the best way to resolve the conflict .

All I'm saying is don't be so quick to jump to conclusions until you have walked a mile in another persons shoes .

i can see this ..little 8 year old johnny comes over to play with your kids. he is being unruly and you ask little 80 lb. johnny to go home. he refuses he becomes angry and rips a 16" piece of crown moulding off your wall.he uses profanity and points the moulding out you.you shriek like a guy that dances on broadway with your open hands on your face a la the home alone kid...you quickly gather your kids and wife and run into the master bedroom and lock the door.then hide with your family in your closet and use your cell and call the police.....yes overly dramatic

i worked at alaska regional hospital for 4.5 years and was a member of the " code armstrong " team. this ment when the announcement was made nurses needed manpower to subdue or restrain people for various reasons. three of us never had a problem from 5 yearold in peds to 400 pound samoans in icu. ( that time was bad ! ) never needed spray not even for wack jobs on dope. did i get bruised.yes did i cry ..........nope. not a wussy like the cops that sprayed the little boy

>i worked at alaska regional hospital
>for 4.5 years and was
>a member of the "
>code armstrong " team. this
>ment when the announcement was
>made nurses needed manpower to
>subdue or restrain people for
>various reasons. three of us
>never had a problem from
>5 yearold in peds to
>400 pound samoans in icu.
>( that time was bad
>! ) never needed spray
>not even for wack jobs
>on dope. did i get
>bruised.yes did i cry ..........nope.
>not a wussy like the
>cops that sprayed the little
>boy

He is right on the Somoans, those are some big boys and gals at least the ones I saw in Anchorage. So I am gathering that the restraints were under doctors orders, cause if not there is some health law violations there (Pre-nursing student here).
WVBOWAK

>i can see this ..little 8
>year old johnny comes over
>to play with your kids.
>he is being unruly and
>you ask little 80 lb.
>johnny to go home. he
>refuses he becomes angry and
>rips a 16" piece of
>crown moulding off your wall.he
>uses profanity and points the
>moulding out you.you shriek like
>a guy that dances on
>broadway with your open hands
>on your face a la
>the home alone kid...you quickly
>gather your kids and wife
>and run into the master
>bedroom and lock the door.then
>hide with your family in
>your closet and use your
>cell and call the police.....yes
>overly dramatic
>
>i worked at alaska regional hospital
>for 4.5 years and was
>a member of the "
>code armstrong " team. this
>ment when the announcement was
>made nurses needed manpower to
>subdue or restrain people for
>various reasons. three of us
>never had a problem from
>5 yearold in peds to
>400 pound samoans in icu.
>( that time was bad
>! ) never needed spray
>not even for wack jobs
>on dope. did i get
>bruised.yes did i cry ..........nope.
>not a wussy like the
>cops that sprayed the little
>boy

Geez Beavis I sure wish you would quit spyin on me . You sure seem to have me all figured out , and know just how I would react .

Then on read on and you admit your a male nurse but yet your callin cops wussies . That is just too dang funny . You keep on being a tough guy in the super safe hospital where there is five other male nurses to jump on and play dog pile when you have a patient that doesn't want to play nice .

Nothing surprises me now , maybe I'll hear some male hair dresser talking about cops being wussies .

That really was a serious question though Beavis about the school rescource officer . I ask because that is what my girl friend did before she retired .

At her size and weight if she went hands on with some one weilding a weapon ( stick in this case ) I would be pretty upset .

We all can't be super hero tuff like you .

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-11 AT 04:46PM (MST)[p]lol ! just breakin balls guys ! everyone acts differently in hostile situations. probably the WORST call i got was a 80 yearold + lady with dementia... she threw a saucer at me and hit me in the head i saw stars, then she threw her meal tray and hit me in the neck ! she had better control throwing things than greg maddux did in his playing days ! so im definitely not a super hero that ol' gal gave us a run for our money !

and yes wv alaska most cases were people in rehab in traction that decided to leave or people in recovery... but sometimes majorly p.o.'d boyfriends would come into labor and delivery to see there baby mommas without permission and would have to help out security before anchorage police would show. that was never fun.

and yes 1911 i had special cod pieces sewed into my scrubs....:)

Thanks to a severly screwed up legal system, adults are scared to death to touch or restrain a kid for fear of losing their job, or worse, gettin sued. The teacher and police were in a damned if you do, damed if you don't situation when your dealing with behavior like this kid has. Fifty years ago the teacher would have taken the sharp oject away and whipped his little a$$, and than got a thank you from the parents for doing so. Most kids that have a lack of respect for adults or behavior problems usually learn it from somebody.....hmmm, maybe their parents.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-11 AT 05:51PM (MST)[p]My wife is a kinder teacher and I have over 100 hours this year alone in volunteer time exclusively in her classroom. She was pregnant and needed all the help she could get( even if she hadn't been). Being on (currently) maternity leave has been the best thing to happen to her in a long time, her words :)

There were four kids that were a living hell, even for me. I am military and can handle myself...but damn!

I wasn't even a teachers aid...I was a bouncer, security, and sometimes intervention.

One would hump anything/anyone he could get to and yell moans and noises. Figured he saw his dad do it. He also talked about having a gun to "kill all evil" and made one with legos one time infront of me. He said he was going to bring a bomb to school one day. Turns out he had firecrackers...but still. Takes you by surprise when you hear it. Had a hell of a mouth on him also but he came to respect and fear me. He hit alot of kids and teachers including the principal.

Another has bipolar or something. He would literally "hulk out" as I called it. Right in the middle of class or anything, he would throw punches and stuff including chairs. First thing I would do is throw myself between him and my wifes tummy. Single mom and not disiplined at home according to his mother. No trigger or anything. He kicked and bit several teachers and aides.

Yet another would just want things his way. If it didn't happen, watch out!

And lastly, another girl just the same way.

Mind you, these are 6 year olds. Luckily....I guess the first two kids, for lack of better words, knew she had a baby and avoided hitting her. Guess there was some train of thought somewhere but they would touch her tummy and say hi to the baby but would never try to hurt her.

So far this year, they have found a knife and a handgun in backpacks.....in elementary school for crying out loud.

I will be honest....I have a CCW and left it in the car ready and easy to access. I saw my fair share of pissed off parents and suspicious/drugged out people on campus.

She teaches in the ghetto and with these layoff coming up, maybe she won't anymore. Regardless, maybe it is for the better as I won't get gray hair anymore.

I fully support the LEO for what he did. Hell, I told my wife to use hers on any kid threatening her and she kept it in her pocket. Its just a job.....her life is more valuable.

Its a sad state of affairs when teachers have to worry about their own health at work......shouldn't that be me having to worry?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom