8yr old grandson

Stonefly

Very Active Member
I have 6 grandsons, 3 in Idaho, 3 here in Utah. They all love fishing. Its easy for the ones in Idaho, to go fishing with granpa, I just have to go up and visit, and walk a block to the Snake River. Of the 3 here in Utah, 2 are old enough that in June we hiked to Blind lake, for brookies. Now heres the problem, I flyfish, its been setup by my daughter and wife that I take my 8yr old grandson, fishing this weekend. Hes a small 8yr old, so backpacking is out. He can cast a spinning outfit ok, so im thinking bobbers and flies. What I need is info to places without a ton if hikeing not to rugged and no fast water. Any info would be great. Oh ya, and i live in Sanpete and do not wish to go anywhere near the skyline rv track

This weekend is going to be busy where ever you go. Think about going up Gooseberry up on the Fishlake forest. Yes can be quite busy with it being a paved road up there but not as many sidexsides and ATV as the Manti. Up Gooseberry you got Abes that is a easy hike in or Cold Spring, Salina Res, Farnsworth or Gates lake all of which you can drive too and the DWR keep them stocked.
You could also go up and do some stream fishing in 7 mile creek it is not that intimidating for a 8 year old it is pretty lazy stream but it can be pretty productive try floating flys or even some small lures all can be good.

One of the cabins up in 7 mile is owned by one of the legends hear on MM the location in 7 mile for his cabin is one of the prettiest places on gods green earth.
Elk feed in 7 mile pastures every night some good bulls too.
If your wife is with and you want to impress her You can run over and eat at Bowery Haven at Fish
Lake pretty good food and not bad price.
Good luck

Thanks for the info, ill make sure we brong our binos. It will only be the little guy and myself this trip. Wife will be with my daughter at a concert. But she has eaten at bowery haven before. Her snd my sister go to fish lake 2 or 3 times a year when i go steelheading. Thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom