9-0

Did anybody think SCOTUS would allow an individual state to keep a candidate off the ballot? That would start an avalanche of lawsuits in every state, by both parties.

Heck, I predicted he'd win that case the day before the oral arguments even happened.

PS. I predict he wins the Colorado case

What will be interesting is to see if Congress takes any action on their own, since that appears now to be the legitimate route to enforce the insurrectionist clause. Part of me wonders if that's why McConnell announced he was giving up his Leader status in November, to free him to lead the charge against Trump.

If McConnell would've stuck to his guns right after J6, they would've convicted Trump and he'd be barred from holding office. Instead McConnell tried to take the easy route and publicly said Trump was responsible but shouldn't be convicted since he was no longer in office. He miscalculated that Trump was done and out of politics. That was a mistake and a poor calculation, especially since Trump's only chance to stay out of prison is to get reelected and pardon himself.

Did anybody think SCOTUS would allow an individual state to keep a candidate off the ballot? That would start an avalanche of lawsuits in every state, by both parties.

Heck, I predicted he'd win that case the day before the oral arguments even happened.

What will be interesting is to see if Congress takes any action on their own, since that appears now to be the legitimate route to enforce the insurrectionist clause. Part of me wonders if that's why McConnell announced he was giving up his Leader status in November, to free him to lead the charge against Trump.

If McConnell would've stuck to his guns right after J6, they would've convicted Trump and he'd be barred from holding office. Instead McConnell tried to take the easy route and publicly said Trump was responsible but shouldn't be convicted since he was no longer in office. He miscalculated that Trump was done and out of politics. That was a mistake and a poor calculation, especially since Trump's only chance to stay out of prison is to get reelected and pardon himself.
👏 Give yourself a big pat on the back 👏

We all predicted this. The question did anyone predict a 9-0? I know I didn't.

Commies always eat their own
Screen Shot 2024-03-04 at 10.23.14 AM.png

Kudos to the Supreme Court in making the obvious right decision on this case. I was pleased to see that both Conservative Judges and Liberal judges could agree and set personnel politics aside and make a ruling that was definitely in the best interest of every citizen of this Country. Some just don't realize that.

A win for Democracy!!

Kudos to the Supreme Court in making the obvious right decision on this case. I was pleased to see that both Conservative Judges and Liberal judges could agree and set personnel politics aside and make a ruling that was definitely in the best interest of every citizen of this Country. Some just don't realize that.

A win for Democracy!!
I wish that were true. The liberals only voted that way because the knew they’ll loss regardless besides they don’t want the GOP States to remove Democrats from their ballots.

The majority rules……… until it doesn’t.

👏 Give yourself a big pat on the back 👏
It's not hard to reason through things when one can use their brain instead of fear, bias, and hatred.

The far right loons are trying to spike the football, and the far left is calling for the dissolution of SCOTUS, but that shows their lack of understanding. The decision was never in doubt and is correct.

It was very obvious the split decisions from the states was untenable. That's also why it was 9-0.

People love SCOTUS when the ruling is in their favor, then they attack SCOTUS as political hackery when they lose a case.

Last edited:
It's not hard to reason through things when one can use their brain instead of fear, bias, and hatred.

The far right loons are trying to spike the football, and the far left is calling for the dissolution of SCOTUS, but that shows their lack of understanding. The decision was never in doubt and is correct.

It was very obvious the split decisions from the states was untenable. That's also why it was 9-0.

People love SCOTUS when the ruling is in their favor, then they attack SCOTUS as political hackery when they lose a case.
Many times I disagree with your postings but I think your spot on with this one. The only thing I see that is wrong is you should have the word "loons" after the word left instead of the word right!! :D

I wish that were true. The liberals only voted that way because the knew they’ll loss regardless besides they don’t want the GOP States to remove Democrats from their ballots.

The majority rules……… until it doesn’t.
You could very well be right about why some judges voted the way they did............But I think we'll agree we both hope your wrong!!

This is one of the few things that's came along politically for a while that I can be somewhat optimistic about-----I want to hang on to it at least for a little while!!!

You could very well be right about why some judges voted the way they did............But I think we'll agree we both hope your wrong!!

This is one of the few things that's came along politically for a while that I can be somewhat optimistic about-----I want to hang on to it at least for a little while!!!
True. You are right. I hope I’m wrong too. Hope I’m wrong about a lot of political and societal stuff. I am just to grumpy about the long term outcomes to enjoy the small victories.

Spent my life wanting a better tomorrow, so I’m always frustrated with today. It’s definitely not a virtue.

I agree fully with you that this was a chip shot for SCOTUS......I fully disagree with you thinking McConnell should have participated in the big lie that Trump led an insurrection....

Show me an example of when the right has attacked SCOTUS like the left.....

Where are all these legal experts and law professors who were saying how genius Colorado was with this whole fiasco? I should have written down their names so I know who to never take legal advice from. Friggin clowns

The only surprise was that it was 9-0.

Satomayor is by far the most partisan, and least intelligent of the court.

I figured 8-1.

Nothing will be taken up by Congress. That can't change or modify the clause, then retrofit it backwards.

They will scream and yell, fundraise like hell on it, but do nothing. Reality is, if they thought they had a case on Trump for insurrection they would have brought it, they tried for a hail marry

The libs have a major issue on their hands. Biden
He is wildly unpopular, the border issue is starting to really hit liberal cities, and it's only going to get worse and because he went with a diversity hire for VP, he pigeonholed the libs. Kamala is wildly unpopular, but they can't pull Biden, then jump a black woman to insert a Newsome type.

The economy isn't good, and indicators show it not improving. We have major wars.

Biden ran on "being the adult in the room" and being a steady hand.

He in fact was neither. The voters have noticed, and the only way to combat that would be put him in public, and that just reinforces how badly his decline is.

Listen to his speeches on inauguration day, vs today, the decline has been rapid.

This is what we get for nominating old people. Trump, is very energetic for an old dude, but mother nature and father time are undefeated. We shouldn't be in this position.

Alito is more conservative
To today's understanding of modern conservatism, maybe.

Thomas is more committed to his Federalist ideals than Alito is to any single philosophy however.

PS. It's Thomas undisclosed receipt of a fortune in gifts (look up the motorhome or the 3 dozen vacations he accepted) that he didn't disclose or his wife's affiliation with J6 that really pushes him over the edge to a level that nobody else can touch.

To today's understanding of modern conservatism, maybe.

Thomas is more committed to his Federalist ideals than Alito is to any single philosophy however.

PS. It's Thomas undisclosed receipt of a fortune in gifts (look up the motorhome or the 3 dozen vacations he accepted) that he didn't disclose or his wife's affiliation with J6 that really pushes him over the edge to a level that nobody else can touch.

Alito nor Thomas are as far right as she is left.

As to "corruption"

Fairly well known "legal" way for influence peddling is books. Somewhere some big donor has a warehouse full of her books insuring she got paid.

When did what spouses do mean the public spouse us guilty?

Is Hillary guilty of rape and sexual assault?

Regardless. She is the dumbest of the judges, and it's not close. If you consider Alito or Kagan to be the brightest, Sotomayor barely carries either water.

It always amazes me that people remotely care what actors, singers , etc have to say. They are probably the people most detached from reality.
Because people like pretty, cool, successful, people…….. and wish to be like them. Charles Manson, Osama Bin Laden are disgusting examples. People are driven by how they feel rather than applying logic……… it’s easier to just do what feels good, than to think through an action.

The Court made the right decision--and it is good that Colorado and other states posed the question, since it needed to be decided. Left to their own devices, politicians (left and right) and their supporters always demand selfish solutions, and the Court remains the best arbiter of justice in the land.

The Court made the right decision--and it is good that Colorado and other states posed the question, since it needed to be decided. Left to their own devices, politicians (left and right) and their supporters always demand selfish solutions, and the Court remains the best arbiter of justice in the land.
lol....it made them look like partisan idiots......trying to keep Trump off the ballot....only an idiot would think it was smart....

The honest truth is "they" are a dark money group called CREW, financed by Soros, Streisand, and a bunch of other libs. They found a puppet with standing, but the push comes from them, as does the funding for lawsuits and lawyers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom