9er Draft Picks

larrbo

Very Active Member
What do you guys think about the 49er draft picks so far. I would give them an A for the first four picks. The two big linemen are just what they needed to give Alex time to pass. And the real sleeper may be Number 3 Taylor Mays. He has all the tools and with good coaching could be a dominate safety.

Hi larry, Yep, looks like they went after a couple "quality" big, 6-5 320-330 class, guys. I don't follow the 9ers near like i used to but things are really looking up in their camp. I pulled this quote off some of the reading i did on the subject;

"Former 49ers head coach Steve Mariucci,covering the draft for the NFL Network, liked the picks so much that he even stated that with these players accompanied with left tackle Joe Staley and center Eric Heitman the Niners could easily have the best O-line in the league in a couple of seasons."

Larry, i hear them fish are getting after it. One bud i know culled to keep a big limit yesterday!!

Joey

This may be the best draft the Niners have had in quite a few years. Those two lineman should make a big difference, it not right away, soon enough. Taylor Mays could be a real steal, what a physical safety. The Niners have had quite a few good safeties over the years, and he has the potential to be the next great one.

Love the first round picks
like the second round pick
3rd round pick is a head scratcher
Not overly inpressed with the rest of the draft

i think we needed another CB and a change of pace back.
We have 3 running backs wlth the same skill set,1 cut and down hill runners.

is their coach gay? just the way he moves..the way he pats players Hannis kind of a grab! the "hay boy" gleam(or twinkle) in his eye! and at a club in San Francisco last week I swear I saw him in a dress! weak arse divison any team can win..they need 2-3 more years of rebuilding.
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Good to see the linemen picked but their still blocking for an average backup quality QB. They need something better than Alex-ie. Trouble is there are very few to pick from that are play-off caliber. Maybe they can get Big Ben in a trade but then the little girls in California wouldn't be safe!

One of the "ladies" that Rack was talking to at the club told him, "I love it when you get that fire in your eye!"

Steve

The Niners also signed up some real interesting free agents. A couple may make the team, booting off lower draft pics. The RB from Oregon, Blount, is an example, Along with Vann from Florida A&M.

I read this morning that Blount had agree to terms with the 9ers then backed out. It looks like he is going to sign with the Titens. I think this kid is making a mistake, Singletary it the kind of coach that could really help him. Look what he did for Vernon Davis.

Isn't Blount the guy that sucker punched the Idaho player last year?

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

He let his emotions get the best of him. With a name like Blount, he's bound to get into some trouble. Singletary would be a great coach to get him straightened out. Knock some sense into that kid!

Steve

Now that would take a heck of a punch. Blount is a complete idiot but then the current Duck QB, RB and Kicker are having a few problems as well. I guess being rated in the top 5 for next year wasn't good enough. Be glad the 49's didn't get him.

I saw Blount went to Tennesse. With Singletary, either he would have straightened up, or moved on.

Big Mike is gay???? Wow, I'd of never guessed. RACK, $100.00 to you to tell him to his face. HeII, maybe more cause I could sell tickets to that arse kickin.

I'm good with their draft and have to disagree about Alex. This will be his first year working for the same Offense Co-ordiantor 2 years in a row. And with O-line help. I think it's only fair to make that judgement AFTER this year. I may even agree with you then.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom