A-11/X6A info

oilcan

Long Time Member
I drew the X6A Archery tag and I have been doing some pre scout research.
I have most all springs and water sources marked on OnX and have overlayed that on the CDF spot kill map. Have been studying maps and google earth and have about 5 spots targeted to check out when I make my first scouting trip. Heading up in 3 weeks then again 2 weeks later and then I’ll show up a few days prior to the season. I know the unit has changed a lot in recent years with all the fires so all the older data may not be relevant anymore. Anyone have any info they would be willing to share ? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Most people in 6a drive around on the dirt rds and flick arrows at bucks. Few are the guys that stalk bucks unfortunately. Lots of lost bucks road hunting.

Most people in 6a drive around on the dirt rds and flick arrows at bucks. Few are the guys that stalk bucks unfortunately. Lots of lost bucks road hunting.
I’m sure that happens a lot. If that was my plan I’d skip the scouting trips, save gas money and time that way. Lol

Couple rd closures on the Diamond mnt side. Great area to get away frm the rd hunters. Bears and bucks.

I’ve seen a couple bucks here in the X6a nothing really pushing them down all to yet but with the heat I expect to see a lot more deer. One buck was decent heading up to antelope and I know a few people to get a good buck out there.

I’m heading up to scout in a week , but with this heat not sure how much movement there will be. Probably gonna be a real early and late thing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom