A big one

Tristate

Long Time Member
20231004_164823.jpg
20231004_164830.jpg

Howdy,

Thanks for the kind words. The antelope was killed by me in Texas. He is the largest antelope I have ever killed. Before drying he scored 83 2/8. I am doubtful if he will end up drying over 82 but we will see. Mass all the way around is exceptional. Two mass below the prong and two above. I won't try and BS anyone about getting 3 below the prong.

I think I have a new favorite pronghorn caliber. .22-250

Tri I have a ?? For you..when and if you mount this old bruiser will you blacken his horns a little bit or leave them the way they are..

Tri I have a ?? For you..when and if you mount this old bruiser will you blacken his horns a little bit or leave them the way they are..
I try and leave them as natural as possible. I usually oil them with orange glow and I don't boil them off. I think my method darkens them just a tad but they don't turn black.

how difficult are pronghorn tags to come by in Texas?
Getting tough. Pronghorn in Texas are being grossly mismanaged right now. They have made some changes in the last 4years that has put them in a tail spin.

Something is going to have to change or there will be just a handful left.

Getting tough. Pronghorn in Texas are being grossly mismanaged right now. They have made some changes in the last 4years that has put them in a tail spin.

Something is going to have to change or there will be just a handful left.
i kinda wondered. not the first state that comes to mind when i think pronghorn. that's a smokin buck though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom