A big thanks.......

iccyman001

New Mexico has proven to be a very military friendly state when it comes to hunting.
I was fortunate enough to draw the 2015 returning veterans Oryx tag on Stallion range (Feb 2016 hunt) and needless to say I was amped up. Well, it didn't stop there....

A few weeks before my hunt Gilbert called me up and explained that an outfitter had donated his services and wanted to guide one of the returning veterans tags, for FREE. They put our names in a hat, and what do you know.... I WAS THE LUCKY GUY.

I want to give the BIGGEST thanks POSSIBLE to James from Provencio Outdoor Adventures.
This guy was a madman in the field when it came to spotting Oryx, devising plans of attacks and for putting me on the big Oryx. We were only able to hunt Saturday and Sunday, but we still saw at a minimum 75 oryx. This is while other people were saying they only saw a few and couldn't find them....

I don't have any other experience with guides, but I would say James has set a very high bar. First off he put up with me and my 3 knucklehead guest and that alone was impressive, but to be serious, we put in a few LONG stalks..... some which included us belly crawling for over 1/2 mile on our bellies in 78 degree weather..... two different times. For anyone who is familiar with stallion, you can only imagine the fun stuff we crawled through.The thing was he never gave up and that meant a lot to me, because I was going to keep going until I got one!

The biggest thing that all my buddies and I agreed on was James is extremely passionate about what he does and hunting in general.

So thank you again James for a fantastic time and thanks NM for really taking care of the military.

James is one of the best.His bro too.
I consider him a good friend.
Amazing game eyes and fun to just scout with.

What a great story, and THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SERVICE!
Also thanks to the outfitter that donated his time very cool!
As someone has already said Where are the pictures ?

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

haha thanks everyone.

I assure you that you don't want to see mine.
Due to mission requirements we only had one and a half days to hunt. So time was a factor.

What is the saying? You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink?

James lead me to tons of big Oryx, but me being a little silly, I shot a smaller one.

I didn't want to post my small one and have it take away how thankful I am to him for going out there with me and I didn't want it to take from his abilities, because that man is an animal out there!!!!

When it's all said and done, I have Oryx meat in the freezer and I could not be more happy!

>
> Ice,
>any oryx is a good
>oryx!Congrats on your animal and
>your good times you had
>on your hunt!

You sir are correct. I'm so blessed to have taken one and to have such a cool opportunity.

The hunt had it's ups and downs (self induced downs) but it was such a fantastic time. NM really has some cool opportunities.

I'm trying to figure out how to upload a picture from my phone as we speak.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-16 AT 12:48PM (MST)[p]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/iccyman001/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpslk08ie01.jpegy

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom