A Day On the Island

deerslayer88

Yesterday I convinced the wife to go out to Antelope Island. I had not been out to the island in probably 10+ years, and this was her first trip. I forgot how rugged the island can be, and how close you could get to the animals. By close I am referring to how they are right off the road FYI. Needless to say I got some great photos without a hike at all, from the good ole cell phone.
Here are two Bison as they go head to head for about 10 minutes
4145photo-16.jpg

Here is a cool photo I got on my way back from visiting the beach.
5400photo-17.jpg

I was especially excited to find Elkassasins pisscutter buck tell me what you think of him.
9494photo-15.jpg

Needless to say it was a fun day and the kiddos enjoyed the island more then the times we have spent anywhere else looking at animals. I think it was probably due to the fact that we were able to see sheep from a distance with my bino's and spotter, with bison, deer, and antelope without leaving the car. The weather was kind of crapy as it did rain from time to time but in all we had a blast. Oh and before I forget all the photos are right side up on my computer can not figure out for the life of me why they uploaded sideways.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom