A Few questions for you guys.

J

Jake_Sorensen

Okay I have somewhat of a dilema, I have found someone from www.taxidermy.net that replied to a question I put there, he has been in the taxidermy business for 17 years and has offered me a heck of a deal to do a shoulder mount with the elk I shot this year, he emailed me some pictures of some of his work and it looks good now the dilema, he is in Indiana and I'm in Utah so I would need to ship them somehow, so here is question number one: have any of you ever shipped something as big as elk antlers how did you do it, cause I don't want any of the tines broken or anything, question number 2: he would do a removable antler base, what exactly is this? is it bad to do? does it look as good? Is that why he is offering to do it for so cheap? Third and most of important of all should I trust that I will get them back? I mean c'mon Indiana is along way from Utah. Thanks for your guys's help!!!

Jake

Jake

I work for a freight company here in Utah, and would have to tell ya that I will never ship an important trophy if I dont have to. Additionally it would have to be a screaming deal to make it cost effective to ship UT/IN/UT. I figure that round trip it would be somewhere around $250-300 just for shipping, let alone packaging and insurance, and as we all know there is no insurance that can protect you from the loss of your possibly once in a lifetime animal. And as you suggest in your post, can you really trust someone 1000s of miles away to return your mount in a timely manner.

If you want i'll give you the names of a couple local taxidermists that have done work for me and would trust.

Todd
Weathered Horn Outfitters

Todd,

ya thats kinda how I'm thinking, but I'm open to suggestion or referals to any other taxidermist.

Mark,

Thanks for the message check your inbox.

Thanks Guys,

Jake

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom