A few winter steelies

MuleySniper

My dad and I had a good trip to Forks on Tuesday. It was freezing cold and clear, but we managed a successfull float and had a great time. We ended up keeping four hatchery fish and brought in a nice native. We snapped a quick picture of her then let her go. Hooked quite a few too. Cant wait for a few more weeks when there are more of those big mean natives swimming up river!
MS

IMGP0262.jpg

IMGP0255.jpg

IMGP0263.jpg

Nice catches. That first one that you let go is a really pretty fish. I just can't imagine going out fishing right now though. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Aaaaa....the ol' pink and black plug. Nice! Looks like a good day. Of course, any day you get to float the river up in Forks is a good day. You guys live up there?

I'm takin' the sled out on the Sky in the morning. Has not been that bad lately....considering.

Great pics BTW!

I forgot to blacken out our plug!!! Nah, just kidding. No we dont live up there, we live in Gig Harbor about 3 hours away. We try to get up to Forks 4 or 5 times in the winter. Our good friend is a fish checker there so we have a nice place to stay and a place to keep our drift boat if we want, it gives us more reason to go up there. Id like to get to know more rivers down south, its a heck of a lot closer for us. Ive caught some nice summer runs out of the sky, one I had mounted. I'll post a pic of it later tonight when I get home.
MS

Heres a pic of a glass mount I had my buddy Luke do for me of a nice summerrun I caught on the Skykomish. He does sweet work, look for him at the Puyallup Sportsmans show. Blackwater is the name of his company.
IMGP1312.jpg

Muley....that looks sweet! Your right, Blackwater does awesome work, little spendy, but probably worth it. If you don't mind me askin'.....what that run ya?

That one there was around $1800. My dad and I traded him some work and ended up with a nice chunk of credit. I'll get a pic of a real sweet looking double steelie mount he did for my dad.
MS

I'll have to look up that artist this weekend while we're at the show. I'd like to have a bigger Nootka king reproduced some time. I have that plug also, it works great on silver too. I hooked up on some in the Duwamish with it.

Ive been wanting to fish some of the rivers that dump into the Chehalis. I really want to float the Wynoochee. Anyone have any input on fishing it from a drift boat? If so, wheres the good place to put in at for a 7 or 8 hour float. And also if anyone has been up to the Queets within the last week, let me know how you did. I want to get back up there to fish too.
Thanks.
MS

All those fish in the pics were caught on the lower Bogie. We fished from the upper all the way to the dimmel drift with only one takedown. I hear most of the rivers are out right now. Hopefully more nates show up with the 2 1/2 inches of rain Forks got the other day. I really want to get up to fish the Queets when it comes into shape. I have never fished the Sol Duc. My dad has. I hear its full of guides. Id still like to fish it though. Ive fished about all the other ones. My favorite is the Callawa.
MS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom