A first for me.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
In Feburary I took this picture.
Feb2010020.jpg

March 30th I found this antler.
005-2.jpg

My first time to get a picture of a live animal and then find its shed. Actually I didn't find this shed. Daisy the dog found it. fatrooster.

buck on the left , nice catch,you can take some of her fame if you want, thats a great dog

Thats cool Drew. Very surprized its the first time though. My friends and I have picked up 8 or 9 sets and a dozen singles off bucks we've filmed or photographed. I filmed this buck in the rut in 05 and Clint foiund his left side in the spring.
6070shedbuck1.jpg

4701clintshed.jpg

A few more.
5778shedbuck2.jpg

5295randysheds.jpg

1693lm4x6.jpg

5697lm4x6_sheds1.jpg

2636img_0273.jpg

2183lm8x5sheds3.jpg

Yelum

Yellum, thats awesome that you've gotten so many of them on film and then found the sheds. Good job! fatrooster.

Its actually by design. I got friends that hike their butts off covering ground to pick up a crap load of sheds. When I find good bucks, I will spend the majority of my time looking specifically for his sheds. I'm not gonna pick up a lot of bone, but I get quality bone. I've only got about 85 total sheds and 23 sets. Six of those sets are of bucks I've filmed, and 3 more sets are multiples years of other sets. I can think of 13 other sets off of bucks that I've filmed that my friends have picked up.

My very first set of sheds was this 196 buck I had filmed 4 months earlier, and we went looking for him. It took two trips to match it up, but it was worth it. There is a huge amount of luck that goes into finding big sets, but if you can keep and eye on the bucks and then not have someone spook them from the area or beat you to the sheds, then its cool to know you have a photo to help tell the story of the sheds.

Yelum

4800ddsc00262.jpg

3268ddsc00268.jpg

6803curlysized1.jpg

Wow, you guys are definetly successful! That 196" buck is a hog. Is he still kicking or did someone put him on the wall? fatrooster.

Thanks Drew. I've really been lucky not only to see such great bucks, but then be able to find the sheds. Helps to have a few good friends to pound the sage for me. This last buck was filmed Dec/Jan of 01/02, and was never seen again. We later found a big shed buck skull that I think was him, but I already had the sheds mounted on a skull plate so I couldn't see for sure.

Yelum

Drew, didn't mean to hijack your thread, but here are a few more bucks I've filmed and then friends have picked up. This first buck we filmed in 02, but couldn't pick up the sheds for 3 years, because law prohibited it at the time. Yes it was very tough to leave them rotting on the ground and tough to restore, but he did a great job. The buck died a couple years later.

Yelum

7363sized0026.jpg

7917sized0221.jpg

286sized0059.jpg

2172sized0654.jpg

7862img_0121.jpg

7397sized0642.jpg

For me it seems to mean a little more to find sheds off of bucks you have seen or videoed. For me it doesn't happen very often but the ones I have found have been worth the effort.

I'll have to agree with you Lameduck.
Yellum, don't worry about highjacking the thread. As far as I'm concerned you enhanced it. Always good the see your pictures of great bucks and great sheds. I'm not sure I could've left those sheds out there to rot. Your a better man than me. fatrooster.

Thats awesome. The only problem is I haven't been out there since I got stuck. So I won't have any pics or film of them. How you doing buddy?

Yelum

Hey Drew, If you think it would be tough to let those lay, what would keep you from picking this set up?

Yelum

5478cdsc00291.jpg

5008adsc00263.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom