Kids these days

El_Matador

Yesterday while running my dog at the local park I heard what sounded like a gunshot. Then another one a minute later. I couldn't be sure it was a gunshot but a couple of minutes later I saw a young man walking out of the wooded area. Should've called the cops but I didn't. This morning I was at the same park running the dog and I heard the same sound again. Then another shot but this time I heard the bullet hit something so I knew it must be gunfire. Then a 3rd shot. And once again followed by the same young man walking out of the trees. This time I called law enforcement and they came to check things out. They apprehended him right away and searched him. Turns out the kid was like 14 years old and had a .380 in his backpack. Somebody else had seen a 2nd kid running back toward the school so they locked down the place trying to find him. Kids that age should absolutely be shooting guns, but not at the local park during school hours!

You did the right thing! Who knows the full story but 14 carrying a pistol and shooting at a local park with no clue about a back stop or anything else… not a good combo, hopefully it wasn’t anything more than a kid who was curious and borrowed his old man’s piece but you never know

Last edited:
No!

This Is Where We Need Some Discipline But It's Too Late!

How Bout A Royal Ass Kickin!
Disagree. But not with the ass kicking
elk we grew up with the knowledge handed down to us. How are these kids gonna learn?

did drivers ed, hunter education and sex education at school so I don’t see the harm of an education on firearms at school. Just like the anatomy and function of a pecker, understanding the anatomy of a firearm is important. Just like sex, it’s important to know how to use a firearm and be SAFE. Guns are the yang to ejaculation, takes a life not creates it( or in most younger cases end up in a sock or tissue)

I Wanna Say I Can't Wait For The Next Couple Of Generations But I Won't Be Around To See It!

The JOKERS Raising Kids That You're Speaking Of,Now That Ought To Be Something!

When I Went To School You Didn't Need Any Or Do Any Gun Education Classes!

We Knew More About Them Than Most Teachers!

you must live in albuquerque
Close, I'm in Salt Lake City. I did some looking into the possible charges against the boys. Unless they were knowingly shooting at or toward people it looks like they're only facing misdemeanor charges. Hopefully this experience knocks some sense into them (and their parents).

You did the right thing by involving law enforcement. You may have prevented an accidental shooting of a citizen walking in the park. You also may have prevented something even worse involving a teenager with a gun and wanting to take on someone who may have bullied him.
RELH

You can't "run a dog" at a park in SLC. Unless you're running along with them on their leash. 😁
I run my dog off leash over there twice a day, every day. I have been there literally thousands of times and was approached by animal control only once. He buggered right off when I started quoting the laws to him. This is not actually in the city of Salt Lake but one of the other municipalities in the Salt Lake valley.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom